Your last meal

LOL. x2.

I do fancy a nice grilled unicorn on the cob!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My version of Rice Paper Rolls - I call them Vice Paper Rolls. Pork crackling and fried bacon bits stuck together with duck liver pate and rolled in charcoal chicken skin. Comes with blue cheese sauce dip. jester.gif Pierro Chardonnay. Then aged SLR DC, possibly 01' (I think that was a good year). To be honest I'd rather not know when I was kicking the bucket. I worry too much as it is.

Great menus - mine is as follows:

Sushi appetizer (tuna, albacore, uni, octopus) with cold saki

Rib eye (love the kobe beef idea!) med rare - little horseradish on the side

Baked red potatoes with butter and chives - side of Habanaro hot sauce

Good Aussie Shiraz - I'm a Mollydooker fan

Desert - Butter Pecan ice cream

Yikes! Would you like some steak with your fat? confused.gifblink.png

I never understood the appeal of Kobe with so much fat. To me that looks like a big hunk of overly fatty, uncured prosciutto.

Now, being fatty, I'm sure it was delicious though. wink.png

Yes true, Great meat marbling on a hunk of loving fat.

Only tried it once and probably wont being doing it any time in the near or medium future, but it was absolutely delicious.

Love your thought process Brandon.

I am confused. Kobe and Wagyu - aren't they only available in Japan? and what's Australian Wagyu?

The simple answer is no, they are not just available in Japan. What is referred to as "Kobe" beef can be found in many restaurants in the US, only about 5% of the establishments who claim to serve "Kobe" beef is actual Kobe beef from Kobe, Japan. Instead it's mainly Waygu beef which has the same grade rating and is from the lineage as Kobe cattle, but not raised in Kobe Japan. American Waygu is a breed of cattle , genetically from the same species of that found in Kobe, the raising up process is similar, however it is still not the same as the actual Kobe beef that is born and raised under detailed perameters in actual Kobe Japan. This same misrepresentation is also similar to the use of the names "Dover Sole" and "Diver Scallops".

Great topic - first thought I had was filet, lobster, fois gras, etc.

But in reality, if it was my last meal, I'd just want a giant, greasy cheeseburger. Normal bun, nothing fancy, 2 slices of American cheese. Real blue collar and real tasty. I'd be ok with fancying it up to make it one of those gourmet burgers, fancy mixed meats (beef, kobe, wagyu, short rib, etc) or fancy cheeses (gouda, guyere, etc), toppings (fois gras, egg, etc.). But for me, for my last meal. Just something simple. Grease. Grease. Cheese. Cheese. Ketchup, Mustard, dab of mayo, red onion. Provide pickle, lettuce, tomato on the side, just in case I feel like it.

Comfortable. Filling. Food coma. Bliss. Ready to meet my maker.

22-28 oz filet mignon steak biggrin.png , medium rare, HP sauce on the side, a healthy (unhealthy?) heap of creamy blue cheese there as well. Cheesy scalloped potatoes (like my Dad makes), with lots of Club House roasted garlic & red pepper seasoning on top. Corn on the cob done on the BBQ also and carmelized (coated in butter and Old Bay seasoning - thanks Freefallguy!!!!). Maple-style baked beans, with an addition of lots of Worchestershire sauce in there, and diced onions too. My wife's tomato & zucchini casserole. Fresh green asparagus, steamed and hot and crispy, with hollandaise sauce on top. Pickle and olive platter. Soft and fresh and butter-loaded garlic bread with cheese (kinda like the one's from Boston Pizza).

Caramel flan and a slice of key-lime pie for dessert (but done up like lemon meringue, with the meringue topping on the key lime pie).

All downed with a nice bottle of riesling, then followed by a great cigar paired with a huge mug of HC 7 and coke, and last but definitely not least....."bedroom dessert" whipped cream with the Mrs! drool.gifblonde.gif

DAMMIT!!!!!

I'm hungry and horny now!!!!! tantrum.gif

And....that's the only way I can get my steak, and also have my wife enjoy a bottle of wine with me! blonde.gif

It's not really a "sacrilège" nor a "faute de goût" specially if the filet is topped with a creamy sauce; btw, beware when you're in France: here "filet mignon" means the most tender part of pork!

It's not really a "sacrilège" nor a "faute de goût" specially if the filet is topped with a creamy sauce; btw, beware when you're in France: here "filet mignon" means the most tender part of pork!

no.gif

What do I care if it's a sacriledge or not, or (wrongly) perceived to be a highbrow, looking-down-your-nose-at-someone, lack of good taste???? LOL.

The steak is not topped with a creamy sauce. It'd be topped with creamy, melted Danish blue cheese. Bring on the sacriledge!!! The riesling, if you're so inclinded to consider, would go excellently well with it's sweetness cutting through the acidity, sharpness, and rich denseness of everything else on my menu choices there.

I know it breaks with tradition....but it doesn't always have to be red wine with red meat, etc. Besides....my last meal, my choice.

And....I'm glad the rest of the world has filet mignon correctly then. :thumbsup:drool.gif

22-28 oz filet mignon steak biggrin.png , medium rare, HP sauce on the side, a healthy (unhealthy?) heap of creamy blue cheese there as well. Cheesy scalloped potatoes (like my Dad makes), with lots of Club House roasted garlic & red pepper seasoning on top. Corn on the cob done on the BBQ also and carmelized (coated in butter and Old Bay seasoning - thanks Freefallguy!!!!). Maple-style baked beans, with an addition of lots of Worchestershire sauce in there, and diced onions too. My wife's tomato & zucchini casserole. Fresh green asparagus, steamed and hot and crispy, with hollandaise sauce on top. Pickle and olive platter. Soft and fresh and butter-loaded garlic bread with cheese (kinda like the one's from Boston Pizza).

Caramel flan and a slice of key-lime pie for dessert (but done up like lemon meringue, with the meringue topping on the key lime pie).

All downed with a nice bottle of riesling, then followed by a great cigar paired with a huge mug of HC 7 and coke, and last but definitely not least....."bedroom dessert" whipped cream with the Mrs! drool.gifblonde.gif

DAMMIT!!!!!

I'm hungry and horny now!!!!! tantrum.gif

If whatever was going to kill you didn't this surely would LOL!!!

YUP!!! biggrin.png

Just because.... party.gif

And....that's the only way I can get my steak, and also have my wife enjoy a bottle of wine with me! blonde.gif

Well played, Keith LOL,

it's the last meal, FCS, and here we go dictating petty culinary rules ... teacher.gif

tongue.png

I'm going to revise my choice. I want a huge taco salad with a Genie Lamp hidden inside it and I would use my wishes for 3 more last meals!

I too am a simple man....

In no order and unlimited servings of

Wendy's spicy chicken burger

Canadian rib eye

Thin crust pizza with meats

Dr pepper

Buffalo chicken wings

Cheese cake - New York probably

I also like movie popcorn (good one sky fall)

Finally, a couple of home cooked favorites (no idea what the eng translations are from Chinese) and ginger beef (a Calgary gem) and rice. I eat rice with everything.

Most importantly. I can't enjoy this without family...