You have the hands on the controls. What cigar would you bring out next?

You have the reigns of HSA.

For 2014 you have the sole vote on the one cigar you would introduce into the regular production lineup.

To save your job however....assuming you can keep your hand out of the till....it needs to be a commercial blockbuster. That means 500,000 cigars a year production (20,000 boxes of 25 or other configuration)

What would you select? How would you package it?

Over to you ok.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commercial blockbuster.......hmm Cohiba Petit Robusto (BHK52 be damned!). Give it a holographic band and start printing money.

I really just want Boli Gold medals back!

A Ramon Allones piramides (no.2 sized) with the old green label would be great, but I think I'd lose my job based on the sales quota

I would redo and rerelease (tribute to) the dunhill brand with a slightly changed yet traditional and simple red band, no extra banding, and in either the cabinetta or mojito- so robusto or corona. Boxes of 5ct, 10ct, 20ct, and with 50 and 100 cab specials that comes in well crafted, functional boxes/ humidors that have small inlay on top and an inside humidity device. So packaging could reach out to all smokers, newbies, lovers, connoisseurs, and the truly obsessed.

I would redo and rerelease (tribute to) the dunhill brand with a slightly changed yet traditional and simple red band, no extra banding, and in either the cabinetta or mojito- so robusto or corona. Boxes of 5ct, 10ct, 20ct, and with 50 and 100 cab specials that comes in well crafted, functional boxes/ humidors that have small inlay on top and an inside humidity device. So packaging could reach out to all smokers, newbies, lovers, connoisseurs, and the truly obsessed.

For the win!! I think you need a chair in HSA!

Trinidad Piramides (torpedo), - Old school Trini band, basic and simple, boxes of 12 and 24.

or

Ramon Allones Private Stock (Lonsdale) - 10's, 25's and 50's in a vintage themed box with a private stock VIP, black and white box.

Ramon_Allones_Private_Stock_full.jpg

Hmm I am thinking a 6 inch by 50 ring gauge Bolivar that is aged a minimum of 5 years. Medium to full body. Dress boxes with no extra bands. Priced just a step above Finos so still fairly reasonable. Boxes of 10, 25, and 50.

152mm 47 RG...Bolivar Grand Corona. 10ct, 25 ct, 50ct, 100ct rueda ALL cabs. No second band, no fancy boxes. Only catch may be serial numbers on the band and/or box. Not a count, but maybe a matching box and band serial number. Each different box configuration will have a different serial number range keeping all numbers lowish.

This get's my vote fo sho' +1

Glass top Cohiba :)

There are already so many being sold around the world you have it made :)

Or to be a litte more serious....

It would have to be a Global marca to get the name reg required...

Cohiba and Monte already have too many special sticks...so that leaves RyJ, Part, H.Upman, Punch....

Ok now that I am seriously thinking of it I am just tooooo mad about all the great cigars that have been dc'd to think of something new....angry, just angry at Habanos!

personally i would love to see a trinidad churchill however we all know they wouldnt sell, so i will say i would introduce a 4th behike, A Behike Piramides box it up the same as the others and cash in ;)

You all are going to get fired by Habanos SA.

Given Pres' requirements, the only choice is a Jose L. Piedra Robusto.

Ugh. Not at all what I or anyone else here wanted. But I get to keep my job for another year.

Given the requirements.....considering I want to keep my job. I'm thinking Cohiba Classic line - petite corona. Surely has to satisfy the masses, right? And maximize profit riding the Cohiba name. 25 ct cabs and 3x5 tubos.

Forget that some of these are in RE production already I know, I would make these regular production smokes.....if I lose my job, oh well, I get to smoke these cigars for the rest of my life and can find another job :)

1. ERDM torpedo or churchill

2. LGC robusto or churchill

3. PL robusto or churchill

4. RA lonsdale or corona

5. Quai robusto or torpedo

6. SLR torpedo

7. Dip robusto

8. JL churchill

Bart

From a marketing point of view I'd look at a Behike Churchill, the BHK48. Prob offer it in Jars and have (at least) 2 bands on the cigar to keep all the collectors interested

Outside what I prefer and like, I would say a light Robusto. Alot of new/occasional/par time smokers are looking for something on the lighter side. I think a sticks that sell a lot isn't not linked to packaging. Look at the Monte 4, they sell butt load of those but it can't be about the packaging.

Robusto in

H.Upmann or

Quai D'orsay or

Rafael Gonzalez

Packaing needs to be cost effective so it doesn't end up like Trinidad,,,,costing too much to produce.

So 50 or 100 cab would help keep the cost down. More sticks with less packaging. It can also be available in 25 dress box.

Also, it needs to have a name that sticks and brings up something in people.

H.Upmann JFK or H.Upmann Kennedy or Jack kennedy Gets people talking, wanting to try it and has to be a good young performer.