You have the hands on the controls. What cigar would you bring out next?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this...

Plant some fields of the old corojo. They'll have to endure ups and downs of lost crops due to disease, but eventually some crops will come through.

Create a new brand or add a Cohiba Corojo line, something like that, and wrap them with the "old school" corojo. It will have to be priced accordingly due to relatively low yields, but it could be a winner. It wouldn't be high volume, but high dollar-volume.

How about this...

Plant some fields of the old corojo. They'll have to endure ups and downs of lost crops due to disease, but eventually some crops will come through.

Create a new brand or add a Cohiba Corojo line, something like that, and wrap them with the "old school" corojo. It will have to be priced accordingly due to relatively low yields, but it could be a winner. It wouldn't be high volume, but high dollar-volume.

Ooooh. Interesting thinking. Me likey! :thumbsup:

Cohiba may work, but I think to be a blockbuster it has to be cheaper like a montecristo.

Someone already took my answer, but a monte Robusto is probably a good idea. Price it between the edmundo and PE and come in 10 ct dress boxes or 25 ct wooden box. Guaranteed to sell hundreds of thousands.

All these expensive multi band limited cigars may sell out once, but most consumers would stick to something more popular and affordable. Not every cigar smoker knows their stuff so they'll probably ask for something popular. It also has to come in boxes of 10, as I found that to be very convinient when I started out so I can sample without the commitment. Montecristo is missing the Robusto. Every marca the Robusto is probably their top seller. Montecristo is as famous as Cohiba, so it's a no brainier to fill that missing gap.

Of course, that is just from a marketing point of view. There are many cigars I would like to see in the future but I doubt Cuba will release anything under a 50 RG now.

I think they should increase the production on sir Winnie's. There seems to be enough demand for them but not enough supply.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see a Trinidad Cervantes regular production in a varnished box either 4 rows of 6 cigars or 3 rows of 8 cigars. They can call them the Ingenios like the 2007 EL.