What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Awesome Jer!

't'was indeed awesome bro! And he tried to bluff me with the decanter. Blind tasting. I called a blend, something a little basic and woody like Johnny Walker something or other. And it killed him to reveal it was in fact Johnny Walker black.

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 1

I got a bottle of this that is going to need replacing quicker than I expected. I like it a lot.

Have you tried the peated version?

Bought but not opened yet...

• Like 1

Over the last couple of nights

2004 Pol Roger

2009 Ceritas Chardonnay Ritchie Vineyard

2013 Stony Hill Chardonnay

1994 Cristom Pinot Noir Marjorie Vineyard

1996 Cristom Pinot Noir Reserve

2010 Mongeard Mugneret Vosne Romanee

2004 EMH Black Cat Cabernet Sauvignon

Those westland's are from here in Washington short news story on it.

http://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/the-boutique-booze-boom-in-washington-3/

It's really great stuff that can hold its own with a lot of Scottish single malts.

Drinking the Gordon & MacPhail Linkwood 15 SM expression and thinking it quite nice.

Linkwood was the base to the JW Green blend and with a touch of Talisker would quite approximate I think.

A very enjoyable dram for the price point, well matured and sherried but not overly so.....

G.D. Vajra Barolo Albe 2011 - considered their "drink now / early" Barolo. Typically I would shy away from anything labelled Barolo in this price range (low U.S. $40s), but I trust the producer and the merchant, and was not let down.

Intense berry flavor, with mid grit tannic structure. Great nebbiolo, and I do think it would develop some with a little time. For me, another winner - I'd like to get another bottle or two to keep for a while.