What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

If it's actually Ca'Momi...good stuff. They have a restaurant here that has the absolute best Neapolitan pizza ever.

Oops, maybe a sip too many!

The last of the Laphroaig Cairdeas 200th Anniversary Edition.

583d50cb7be7c40d1ee1e0e15323fc7d.jpg

A very good bottling, returning to the "pure and unadulterated Laphroaig" profile - a worthy release to celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the distillery by returning to its roots.

• Like 1

Wow - this is seriously good for $18.99!!

60cfaf8397b13642b85841232d1156e5.jpg

It's a good deal and simple, fairly linear, but very good bourbon. We get a lot of Special Reserve Single barrel offerings here, I think I have 3 at the moment, which are interesting to try. Let me know if you'd like one, but shipping to CA would be as $ as the bottle, if not more.

• Like 1

Glencadam 15 Year Old.

0a0ace0068b2032104a850e44c9c09a2.jpg

A rather fruity-sweet and malt driven single malt that has barrel character from the 15 years of maturation. A touch of spice and berries imply a component of European sherry oak matured spirit was used.

Very enjoyable with a medium length finish. While not as poised and dignified as the 21 Year Old from memory, it does possess an amount of character while maintaining some boisterous youthful tendencies.

This comes across as a young adult who's establishing his career, bought a home, developing an investment portfolio, settled down with a life partner and is planning his first child yet meeting up with his mates occasionally for the Friday night piss-up or the weekend barbecue with plenty of drinks and cigars...

LOL - sounds familiar.

Today just water. Tonight will be Hardy XO cognac10310822.jpg

• Like 2