What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

67196fb8db24086786e446fe5afe684e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still a great value even with out the 7 Y/O age statement. You could find those here in St Louis up until about last year... since then it's been strictly NOS. I've got a few different bottles of the Special Reserve from Single Barrels (store picks) which are interesting as well. Usually the blends are better though.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

I had fun recently experimenting (again!) with some cocktails...

1) Daiquiri

Made with 45 ml Bacardi white rum, 15 ml sugar syrup and 25 ml lime juice, it's hard to believe how a cocktail with so few ingredients can be so good. That citrus and sweetness combines so well in this drink!

attachicon.gif2016-05-14 17.56.08.jpg

2) Tuxedo Cocktail

I gave this a try as it's a recent addition to the IBA (International Bartenders Association) official cocktail list. 30 ml Old Tom gin, 30 ml Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth, 3 ml Maraschino Liqueur, 1 1/2 ml Absinthe and 3 dashes of Orange Bitters. How was it? Well, really weird first, but not bad as I sipped the drink and contrasting flavours settled on my palate.

attachicon.gif2016-05-14 18.20.11.jpg

3) Martini

A very low ratio, yes, I agree but I'm using Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth and 1:3 is what they say on the back of their bottle! Anyway, 20 ml Noilly Prat, 40 ml Tanqueray Gin and 2-3 dashes of Orange Bitters, garnished with 3 Spanish Olives. What can I say? Glorious!

attachicon.gif2016-05-15 14.47.29.jpg

4) Manhattan

I'm still experimenting with this drink. Today I used 20 ml Dolin Rouge Vermouth, 50 ml Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon and 2-3 dashes of Angostura Bitters. Add a Maraschino Cherry and really, you can't complain!

attachicon.gif2016-05-15 15.41.30.jpg

The cost of airfare from NY alone would be worth it for an evening of cocktails at your place!

• Like 1

Attended a Kavalan whisky tasting today at the local whisky bar:

a188fe2d2df22c649a0c35dd3f16da0a.jpg

Impressive turnout:

0e7eaa7d304a1958bf670d3c8f771ad8.jpg

Equally impressive lineup:

ab4fdf967ede5eae190e7cdbcea54fcf.jpg

1. King Car

2. Ex-Bourbon Oak

3. Solist Port, a new release.

4. Solist Amontillado, 2015 World Whisky Award Finalist

5. Solist Sherry, a crowd favourite

6. Solist Vinho, 2013 World Whisky of the Year.

92c91b159cbdb6a3b27aef945e2a4e30.jpg

Kellie Du the global brand ambassador walked us through the tasting.

• Like 2

If anybody knows where I can get a case or two of each, shoot me a PM. Thanks Mike! The Green is possibly the best IPA I've ever had, and the Julius is excellent also.

post-21751-0-32359500-1463956369_thumb.j

post-21751-0-88196000-1463956388_thumb.j

• Like 1

On 22/05/2016 at 0:28 PM, SofaKing said:

The cost of airfare from NY alone would be worth it for an evening of cocktails at your place!

Thank you so kindly, I often humbled by compliments from guests when I make drinks. My brother-in-law visited this week and requested a drink, he was impressed by the daiquiri I made him (as was my wife).

• Like 1

Drinks at my place after dinner.

eea9db375680f3fecb43c50d28114e78.jpg

Happy Ardbeg Day.

This is a fabulous bottling, sherried and peaty, harmoniously balanced with just enough sweetness. A little different to the Uigeadail which has a bit more sweetness on the palate and "roughness" - a more refined and grown-up Uigeadail.

I would like to get more but I think it is only fair to let others have a go.

• Like 2

Drinks at my place after dinner.

eea9db375680f3fecb43c50d28114e78.jpg

Happy Ardbeg Day.

This is a fabulous bottling, sherried and peaty, harmoniously balanced with just enough sweetness. A little different to the Uigeadail which has a bit more sweetness on the palate and "roughness" - a more refined and grown-up Uigeadail.

I would like to get more but I think it is only fair to let others have a go.

On May 22, 2016 at 6:35 PM, cooper669 said:

If anybody knows where I can get a case or two of each, shoot me a PM. Thanks Mike! The Green is possibly the best IPA I've ever had, and the Julius is excellent also.

20160522_131947.jpg

20160522_140554.jpg

Haze is my personal favorite and unique. The rest is overpriced, IMO. Many cans are $1+ more than Heady Topper! HT may not be the favorite of the hipsters anymore, but it's still world class hops. 

I don't smoke or drink alot but when I do, I want what I like the most. A few bucks won't kill me, if it did I'd be drinking Bud light and smoking Backwoods. I live in California so I really can't get these anyway. Quality over quantity

• Like 1

A beautiful night in the upper Midwest so decided to grill some steaks and make some caipirinhas...meat and caipirinhas hmmm..1479df0f5a9b7f5ac0d56966d543b23a.jpg

• Like 3