What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

That's the one I think

I haven't been able to source the 12yo non-chill filtered here. I had to get my mine from online order overseas.

If it is the NCF, do you mind letting me know where you got it.

Cheers mate,

I haven't been able to source the 12yo non-chill filtered here. I had to get my mine from online order overseas.

If it is the NCF, do you mind letting me know where you got it.

Cheers mate,

Actually I have to retract that, 40% is the Double Cask edition.

Actually I have to retract that, 40% is the Double Cask edition.

Cheers mate.

Me and the misus had that 12 double wood last night, and we're nearly at the end of the bottle. It's a good dram for the price - and represents good value.

Drinking the Parkers Heritage 9th Edition Malt Whiskey. And a few Abraham Bowman Bourbons. (High Rye & Coffee finished)

post-9940-0-56782600-1443708056_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-19516600-1443708105_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-53756300-1443708276_thumb.jp

• Like 1

How's the Parker's?

Looks like you had a good night!

. Yeah. It was a good night. I thought the Parkers was great, but its certainly not bourbon or scotch more like if you made a malty tasting Bourbon.its very different but am glad I'm well stocked on it.
  • Like 1

Some Glendronach 1989 Single cask 23 year and the 2015 committee release of Ardbeg Supernova.

Great to see whisky being consumed, and not put away to gather dust and forgotten about in a collection.

Great to see whisky being consumed, and not put away to gather dust and forgotten about in a collection.

X2

Love when people open up and enjoy their Whisky and/or cigars rather than having them sitting around and just thinking how good they are.

How were they?

I thought the Glendronach was outstanding, I also had a 1995 19 year that was good but not on par with this gem. The ardbeg was good and better then the 2014, but I've had better Ardbeg and certainly better peat bombs for the money ice. Lagavulin 12 cask strength for $90. US.

. Thanks Rob. I have not been on in a while but I was fairly active until a few months ago. I do open a lot of stuff. There is no better way to try stuff out and know if you like it and more importantly if you should buy more.

X2

Love when people open up and enjoy their Whisky and/or cigars rather than having them sitting around and just thinking how good they are.

That seem like such a waste to me. I have some bottles that are for special occasions and may not be opened for a while but nothing is"too good" to open. If that was the case you should not have bought it.

• Like 1

Lost Spirits Ouroboros. Excellent American single malt.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That is really good American whiskey. Lost Spirits does great things!

Ashton VSG Sorcerer with a dollop of Benriach 16 Year Old Sauternes Wood Finish.

5562427069f85fadd669ed2aa63858d0.jpg

The salted caramel, cocoa and wood shavings from the cigar pair well with the sweet, winey malt.

cd23de0afb33dd3dc63a186ea3fef192.jpg

Neither tries to overpower the other but both are exquisitely balanced together.

• Like 2