What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

No photo:

1946 Macallan, 52 yrs old. Truly an exceptional malt. I'm not saying that because of the cost or the rarity.

There is a touch of peat! When have you ever tasted a Macallan with peat? Just a touch of peat, less than Talisker, but noticeable when it sits on your tongue.

Very nicely sherried, and a fine whisky, well-balanced and very tasty. It does not have that faint flavor and delicacy that many old single malts exhibit, nor is it oaky at all.

I'm very happy to have had the opportunity to taste this exceptional malt.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

No photo:

1946 Macallan, 52 yrs old. Truly an exceptional malt. I'm not saying that because of the cost or the rarity.

There is a touch of peat! When have you ever tasted a Macallan with peat? Just a touch of peat, less than Talisker, but noticeable when it sits on your tongue.

Very nicely sherried, and a fine whisky, well-balanced and very tasty. It does not have that faint flavor and delicacy that many old single malts exhibit, nor is it oaky at all.

I'm very happy to have had the opportunity to taste this exceptional malt.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Must have been truly epic.

very nice is that the vinho barrique kavalan? if so what do you think? i picked up a bottle recently for double msrp due to its scarcity in my area, and have yet to try it

Yeap, it is indeed. I like it as it is very much in the sweeter range of whisky's, so if you like your whiskys on the sweeter side, you will enjoy this.

• Like 1