FOH'ers Daily Smoke

50 minutes ago, GVan said:

CampDelta - so, from the picture your dry-boxing at 58%?  I'm in FL with high humidity and have been trying 62% and not really seeing much improvement from my normal humidity of 65% rH in the Humi.  Been trying small steps .... My normal room humidity is about 57% and have been thinking about going to that instead of 62%.  How long have you been doing 58% and are you seeing a marked improvement in how your CC's are smoking?  Already read almost everything on FoH (and all of PigFish's posts) just looking for a little confidence ?  Thanks!

This **

• Replies 87.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Glad you liked it! The Siglo II was my very first cigar introduced to me by my father who loved the Siglo II..the rest is history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Siglo II is my first cigar too! It's one of the excellent PCs for sure!

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GVan said:

CampDelta - so, from the picture your dry-boxing at 58%?  I'm in FL with high humidity and have been trying 62% and not really seeing much improvement from my normal humidity of 65% rH in the Humi.  Been trying small steps .... My normal room humidity is about 57% and have been thinking about going to that instead of 62%.  How long have you been doing 58% and are you seeing a marked improvement in how your CC's are smoking?  Already read almost everything on FoH (and all of PigFish's posts) just looking for a little confidence ?  Thanks!

Yes 58% is where I keep the traveldor now when I go to humid locations. I have also used the el prez fridge method. The outside environment really dictates the experience for me. My sticks are sitting at 66RH% in the humidor but I find 63%- 66% just fine. Your 62% sounds fine but it also takes time for Cigar acclimation when changing humidity. Especially a big humidor or tuperdor full. I have found HI to be very difficult at times on the tobacco. You may want to ask @Islandboyhis methods on long term storage. And to answer your question YES a definite improvement over not dry boxing when traveling to FL. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CampDelta369 said:

Yes 58% is where I keep the traveldor now when I go to humid locations. I have also used the el prez fridge method. The outside environment really dictates the experience for me. My sticks are sitting at 66RH% in the humidor but I find 63%- 66% just fine. Your 62% sounds fine but it also takes time for Cigar acclimation when changing humidity. Especially a big humidor or tuperdor full. I have found HI to be very difficult at times on the tobacco. You may want to ask @Islandboyhis methods on long term storage. And to answer your question YES a definite improvement over not dry boxing when traveling to FL. 

Would love to hear FatherOfPugs take on this as he seem to travel to fla on his vacations.  Spent some tims on the beach recently and the sticks were tasteless.  

On 6/4/2020 at 6:52 PM, JohnS said:

667147039_2020-05-0713_35_59.jpg.a58dc39422448292d744ea42987076c5.jpg

Sancho Panza Non Plus ABR Sep 2011

No doubt you've heard of the recent deletion of this vitola from the Sancho Panza marca and have since picked up a box. If so, good for you! I'm now down to my last three sticks of this 2011 box and after smoking a variety of Sancho Panza Non Plus from this aged box and some from younger ones, I can confidently claim that the aged ones are more appealing, for me.

The reasoning I have was defined within smoking this cigar. I simply enjoyed the simple combination of smooth, mild soft wood, savoury salt and floral note flavours in this aged Non Plus. It was all I needed for an hour.

So, those 2018 boxes I have may see some action in the short-term, but I think I will save the majority of those sticks for the longer-term in the hope they smoke as well as this Sancho Panza Non Plus today.

Thanks for the comparison here! Interesting to hear the difference between young and old on these sticks.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2020 at 10:29 PM, Goodfortune said:

H. Upmann Connie 1 BRE DEC 2018. These just keep getting better. Been dry boxing them for several days prior to smoking and it has made a world of difference. Paired with a classy red cup of Maker’s Mark Cask Strength.

Beautiful shot here! By the way, sometimes a red Solo does the job better than anything else.  

On 6/4/2020 at 10:22 PM, Chucko8 said:

Last night’s treat

Those Pacificos are smoking excellent right now! 

On 6/5/2020 at 11:02 PM, Mcoad said:

What a cap to the week. Champaign, Bistecca, a nice Cab, epi 10 of Last Dance and of course a Trini Esmerelda. Creamy and cotton candy. 

That Stags Leap cab is excellent.  I really enjoy their Petit Sirah as well.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, saintsmokealot said:

Is this a good code for Lanceros? Thanks in advance

I haven’t tried UAO COLA. However i have had quite a few cigars from UAO (El Laguito) recently and they have been very favorable in my humble opinion. It’s a code that i seek out and purchase as often as i can. 

• Like 3