• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

5 hours ago, lovethehaze said:

This is the first party Maduro I have smoked. Def more chocolate and tons and tons of cream along with big billowy smoke as opposed a normal party but the party spice was there. Almost made my lips numb as it finished. A nice in between. I smoked a nc maduro not too long ago that was gifted by @Thirds I think it was a Stolen throne crook of the crown that was super chocolaty and sweeter than this but lacked the intensity of spice. If I had to smoke one it would be a toss up both were very good to my pallet. This is a good smoke for the best of both worlds. 

Those crook are pretty darn good.  Found another that I like - Lavida Habana Toro Maduro.   

I’ve only had two Partagas Maduros but neither hit home for me.  I buried the boxes and will revisit another day.  I need to dry box them more...flavors were muted in my samples.  Hopefully they were just duds.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Off island again this month. Fuente Anejos 46. Must be at least 10 years old. Still spice and chocolate forward

Strong still to my taste but a smoke worthy cigar.

image.thumb.png.afaf835c78de7ae61569202ab5f0f0a4.png

Mike, last time i smoked one of those (888 though) the wife said I stunk 10 hours later. Thats why I stopped buying them. should not torture her... But, they are a very smokable NC blend, i can imagine 10 years and still strong.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Today is a surprisingly emotional day for me. It’s the 75th anniversary of my grandfathers liberation from Nazi concentration camps. He was a mischling, his father a Czech jew from the Sudetenland and mother an Austrian catholic. From 14-18 years old he was subjected to slave labor in coal mines and working on various other Nazi projects. He sabotaged a pipeline he was working on, and was sent to dachau. Luckily, the allies were advancing too rapidly, and he was sent back to a gestapo camp, from which the Gestapo took him on a train to the west with the rest of the prisoners who had western connections to escape the wrath of the soviets. He escaped his new camp, and when he woke up on the 5th of May, where he was staying was occupied by American soldiers. So this stick and so much else is for this great man who overcame so much to live and die a successful and proud American.

God Bless your Grandfather. His story reminds me of our family surviving in occupied Holland and that Hunger Winter in 1944. It changes your perspective on life when you hear these accounts First hand. We can never forget any of it. My moms is last living family in the states that still recalls these stories vividly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Today is a surprisingly emotional day for me. It’s the 75th anniversary of my grandfathers liberation from Nazi concentration camps. He was a mischling, his father a Czech jew from the Sudetenland and mother an Austrian catholic. From 14-18 years old he was subjected to slave labor in coal mines and working on various other Nazi projects. He sabotaged a pipeline he was working on, and was sent to dachau. Luckily, the allies were advancing too rapidly, and he was sent back to a gestapo camp, from which the Gestapo took him on a train to the west with the rest of the prisoners who had western connections to escape the wrath of the soviets. He escaped his new camp, and when he woke up on the 5th of May, where he was staying was occupied by American soldiers. So this stick and so much else is for this great man who overcame so much to live and die a successful and proud American.

What an inspiration and what courage and guts! God bless him! ? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1