FOH'ers Daily Smoke

I have a 10 count box same exact code and two of the three I've smoked have had the same construction issues.

This is my second of two of these 10 count boxes and the first box was also very hot and miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• Replies 88k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

3 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

Thanks

I’ve been meaning to break into a box of Party D4. Not a special stick but a treat for me to break open a box I have been using for gifts but have not sampled myself. Heavy rain on the way so my session may be interrupted as well. 

the real question for me is if I kick off my bday tomorrow w a little C&C which would be a very unusual treat for me. Likely a Boli PC if weather permits. 

Treat yourself, I believe always a good thing! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mbflash80 said:

Dude...you did the tent? Nice! Ive spent the last two days smoking in mine...

20191130_143644.jpg

I sure did! On your recommendation. ? Best accessory I've bought all year.  I think we even have the same tent. I got the two person.

I bet you have, been rainy 2 days in a row! I like your cigar, how do you like B vs A? 

Now I owe you for 2 things, this great idea as well as the referral to Loren. ?Thanks! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MigsG said:

I sure did! On your recommendation. ? Best accessory I've bought all year.  I think we even have the same tent. I got the two person.

I bet you have, been rainy 2 days in a row! I like your cigar, how do you like B vs A? 

Now I owe you for 2 things, this great idea as well as the referral to Loren. ?Thanks! 

Nice! I like the A but I love the B...probably my favorite release of the last couple years...

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2019 at 7:20 AM, JohnS said:

1544734124_2019-11-1421_25_36.jpg.9253db319e65d44b6c417f8d6571098d.jpg

La Gloria Cubana Serie D No.5 2017 - Edición Regional España LAT Dic 2017 (Thanks @Luca)

When a Habanos distributor orders a run of 50000 boxes of a Regional release it seems to me to indicate a brazen confidence in their market and their product. Welcome to the La Gloria Cubana Serie D No.5! Make your product a cigar on the smaller size in length, yet still large in ring gauge and you're guaranteed to succeed, right?

If I appear somewhat cynical, it doesn't belie the fact that this new(ish) Regional Edition release out of Spain is a quality cigar. I would like to pause the review here to acknowledge my dear pal, @Luca in gifting this to me. There have been a number of reviews (both video and text) on-line of this cigar, and indeed a number of you have sampled it already, so it wouldn't surprise you to say that this was like smoking a chocolate fudge stick crossed with some age on it. Oh, by the way, did I indicate that I had some burn/construction issues with it too? No?

Yes, the flavours were chocolate, earth, wood and leather with a huge hit of baking spice in the first half which was replaced with some aged floral notes in the back half. In between, the cigar needed re-lights and the wrapper tore around the end of the second third, so I had to pitch this into the last third. Incidentally, @Luca did likewise (and had the same burn issues). At least the aged, mellow fudge-like texture to this cigar was nice...yeah, real nice!

Look, it's La Gloria Cubana and well may you say that I might be a little precious about it, after all, there is only one regular production vitola left in the marca (the La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No.4) and that has barely been seen in the last 12 months or so. Did the leaf go into this release possibly? In a possible win-win scenario perhaps it would have been better for the Spanish (and worldwide) market to get 5000 boxes of a La Gloria Cubana Tainos or Medaille d'Or No.2 and still have leaf left over for the regular LGC 4? Heck, you could even consult the people behind the recent El Rey del Mundo Tainos release for Taiwan or the Punch 8-9-8 release for the Asia-Pacific markets. I'd bet they'd tell you it would be a no-brainer!

It was a good cigar but unfortunately yes we did have to pitch it in the last third due to some construction and burn issues. The cigar started out great though. I hope some age helps it come better!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bbguardsp said:

(UGO JUL 19)  For @CptGoodTimes who asked if Hoyo DCs smoke good young.  I always drybox a single for a week from a fresh box.  Answer - Yes!  Cream, white pepper, baking spices, mild earthy/toasted tobacco, smooth.  There is a young freshness in that I can see the flavors will only become more pronounced over time but nothing offensive to speak of.  Not what I expected but again 2019 is batting 1000 for me.  90+ right now.

20191202_111351.jpg

Mucho Gracias.  Now I need to find a fiver that look ? like that one.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Edward7 said:

My Maui family trip. Most anti smoke place in the United States. Still found a friendly patch of sand to smoke on. Only squeezed 3 cigars in during a 4 night trip. 
qdo 50, bbf and a qdo 54 later before my red eye back to Los Angeles. 

28911148-E07D-4560-8FBF-986096B227B4.jpeg

849E3B25-1EA0-4CB0-8348-9DACFF32F9F6.jpeg

Been wondering about cigars on Hawaiian beaches...did you have to find an isolated cove?