• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

14 hours ago, JohnS said:

I think that if you enjoy that chocolate and raisin-sweetness profile, which is indicative of Vegas Robaina less than 3 years, then enjoy them younger. For me personally, I wouldn't want to go too much past the 5 year mark with chocolate or cocoa-dominate marcas as a rule (but of course there are exceptions such as the Montecristo Especial and Especiales No.2). I've had one or two more Famosos from this box since then and they've all had that peculiar and unique 'pure tobacco' or grassiness that @99call has alluded to in his posts on our forum from time-to-time, and I've come to become accustomed to it and favour it, yet I don't mind these younger with more chocolate either.

Like @JohnS stated.  I've also come to favour it.  I found it quite a strange thing to get my head around, i.e this simple rich high quality tobacco flavour.  I liken it to be a bit like going fishing, you don't catch anything and feel a bit sorry for yourself,  but then you look up, realise you've been enjoying a fabulous vista, and the company of great friends etc.    Defintely one of those cigars, that the less you "go after it"  the more you enjoy it. 

Haha Bruce says it better than I ever could

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, what attracted me to CCs in the first place was those sweet memories of sitting with my grandfather who rarely didn't have a cigar in his hand.

I still have 1 old 898 varnished box he once smoked. And a bunch or Corina larks plastic boxes to hold nails, screws etc. always great memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3