FOH'ers Daily Smoke

I'm pretty accommodating and rarely find a Habanos I just don't care for at all. The HU Mag 56 I smoked this evening falls in to that category though.

It was well constructed but just didn't do it for me at all...

Prominent chocolate from the very dark Maduro wrapper was about all I got. Fairly harsh and one dimensional.

Perhaps a bad example (poor picture too) but even though i enjoy the marca not one I believe I'll be pursuing. ..

Mike, I felt the same way with my first one... Then after about a week in the dry box, tried another, and man what a difference...

• Replies 87.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

ffc67ea11fecca3c9d62aebb97934ec8.jpg

Despite the bad initial reviews, I picked up a 10 box of these Monte Petite 2s a while back. The first one I tried about a year ago was very closed but this one was nice...all espresso and dark chocolate. Quality tobacco, solid little cigar.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Cracked open a MUS SEP 14 box of Sig IV's after putting my last few RUE SEP 11 into my long term aging humidor to join some others from 2008.

First one was very good but will likely not try one again until next summer.

ef1699b760a30de6cc65c775c0dc3d10.jpg

7c0c0635f0a7f1c88f8f525638190beb.jpg

• Like 3

Cigars I've been enjoying this festive season...

1) H.Upmann Noella (2009 - Thanks Trevor!)

The easiest way to classify this cigar is by describing it as the 'Complex Upmann'. An assortment of flavours through the thirds, from shortbread smooth to espresso and toasted tobacco in the middle and bitter chocolate at the end. Thank you Trevor for allowing me to sample this, as a 'change-of-pace' cigar, I understand why these are so popular!

attachicon.gif2015-12-05 13.40.01.jpg

Great description, John, which I would absolutely concur with. Never had a 09 but this is exactly and to the point what I'd say about the later edition (2013). Excellent cigar.

• Like 1

Two extremely nice REs. The 898 was totally beat up in transport by the guys at LCDH Nuernberg who also don't believe in any kind of plastic seal around the sticks or boxes... Still I am 3 for 3 winners with this cigar now.

Have to agree, had five 898 from at least three different sources now. All winners, all highly consistent. I'd say they got this one extremely right. But I can see why it could be a highly controversial cigar due to its current flavour profile.

How was the Gran Cano tastewise?

Paul