List the Worst of Cigar Etiquette

My 2 cents:

I agree with the smoldering cigar situation... let it go to sleep on its own.

Lighting a cigar with a bic lighter is horrible etiquette IMO

My local shop here has a sales associate who always clips the cigars for you. I believe he thinks he's helping out but maybe I'm crazy, but I'm kinda particular how my stogie is cut... especially when they cut it so that you can't tell the difference between the head and the foot.

While on the topic of cigar shops, I don't think cigarette smoking should be permitted while people are enjoying their cigars

;)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol. Clearly this thread has aged well and is ready for smoking! Seriously though, the old internet rule against resurrecting old posts should only apply to threads that are time/date sensitive. This

Interesting - I'd probably not be allowed to smoke with many of you I've cut cigars with my teeth, fingernails, knives, nails, all kinds of cutters. I've lit them with all types of implements and

Considering a few of the new topics started buy some new members are simply met with a wall of links to old topics I don't think anyone is in place to complain about necromancy of old threads. I'm gla

There are only two major things that really puts me on red alert and those

are, 1) cigar smokers who NEVER have a lighter or cutter with them and are always

asking me for mine.

2) Cigar smokers who have a truly beautiful cigar and in less then 5 min.

have bitten the end so hard that It's flat as a crépe and also , so wet

that the end is almost driping with saliva. ;)

Offering me a cigar you got from Bill Clinton.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I hate it when I share my CC with non smoking friends and tell me "what's the big deal, they don't taste anything!!!!" ;)

reading through this thread has made me angry.

1. I was at a local cigar lounge in NYC a few weeks ago and at this establishement they dont serve alcohol. If you own a locker there you may keep your own alcohol and so this guy (loud obnoxious type) was there plowing through a bottle of Zacapa 25 no not 23 but the rare very expensive 25. I met a buddy there who was leaving for the weekend so I brough him several smokes to take with him. This deutsche bag notices all of the cigars there and then proceeds to pour a glass of rum for me and my friend to share and conveniently asks me 5 minutes later for a CUBAN cigar. What the hell, Im a nice guy and he did pour us a glass... he literally says thank you puts the RASS in his shirt pocket puts his rum away and leaves. WHAT THE ****? Is it just me or is it horrible etiquite not to smoke it there? I would have rather given the guy $6.

2. Watching my dad continue to buy JR seconds for $25 a bundle of 50. I provide him the good stuff everytime I see him and occasionally send him a care package of habanos but its not enough for him to start buying good cigars. I tell him instead of smoking 2 **** cigars a day to smoke 3 good cigars a week... he is a stubborn man.

I don't mind if a friend asks to try it, as I'm always looking to convert people to cigars. If they're new to cigar smoking I explain how to smoke it i.e. don't inhale, don't take big gulps of smoke, don't hold the smoke in your mouth too long, don't smoke it too "hot", don't make it wet, just pretend you're taking a sip of a drink and try to smell it (I demonstrate)... Then they take the cigar AND DO ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCEPT FOR THE LAST POINT

My 2 cents:

I used to think so until I met a wondeful gentleman at a herf recently. He is close friends with a living cigar legend, and has an extremely kind heart. He used a Bic to light his custom rolled stick (made for him by the family) citing "I just smoke them". It put the situation in check; he enjoys his sticks lit with a Bic every bit as much as many of us do with our overpriced butane torches. Good on him ;)

• Like 2

My 2 cents:

I agree with the smoldering cigar situation... let it go to sleep on its own.

My local shop here has a sales associate who always clips the cigars for you. I believe he thinks he's helping out but maybe I'm crazy, but I'm kinda particular how my stogie is cut... especially when they cut it so that you can't tell the difference between the head and the foot.

While on the topic of cigar shops, I don't think cigarette smoking should be permitted while people are enjoying their cigars

;)

What's wrong with bic lighters?

1. People lighting up cigarettes in a cigar bar

2. Friends seeing my cigar collection, asking to have a smoke with me, and then only smoking half

3. When cigar smokers that have a clue about what they're talking about give terrible cigars to people they don't think know anything about cigars and spend the next hour talking about how good / complex / smooth / etc the shitty cigar is when they are sitting there smoking CC's.

2) Cigar smokers who have a truly beautiful cigar and in less then 5 min.

have bitten the end so hard that It's flat as a crépe and also , so wet

that the end is almost driping with saliva. :tantrum:

This I completely agree with. Cigars are not for chewing, they're for smoking. If you must chew tobacco, please feel free, but please don't make me look at it.

1. Smoking with the band on. (It cheapens the whole experience in a way.I smoke because I love cigars, not because I want the whole damn world to see i'm smoking a Cohiba or any other trendy damn smoke)

2. Moochers, or anyone wanting a taste should be shot on site.

1.) I also use a bic lighter quite often and would love to know what the problem is with them?

2.) I always leave the band on until the burn gets close to it. I do this because I like to look at the band, hold it by the band, and quite often tear the wrapper a bit when removing it. I don't consider this poor etiquette at all.

I hate people who ask what I'm smoking, and when I tell them (just the name, not the country of origin) they say "Cuban?" When I respond in the affirmative, they tell me and everyone in the joint that what I'm smoking MUST be fake, because the only way to get a real CC is how he get's his.... from his buddy that has a friend who's cousin gets them right from the factory and smuggles them in. :tantrum:

That, and Ken using the ashtray as a spitoon. :blink:

customers who lick the head of the cigar while you are ringing up their purchase and then ask for a cut. That and customers who walk into the store, V-Line it for the humidor and dont have the curtisey to say hi to anyone, espically the guy behind the counter. Rude MF'ers!

I have to question the band on/off issue. I have seen where people take them off at the begining of the smoke, but after damaging a few cigars I now wait until the cigar burns down close to the band before I remove it. It is easier to remove and if I damage the wrapper, at least I'm almost done with it.

People who think it's okay to smoke my cigar including my wife. If I want you to try it, I will offer it to you.

People who insist that the only good cigar is the one they smoke.

I'm not your bloody swing coach! You look like Charles Barkley!!! My advice is to take up tennis!

LOL I wish I had played tennis today. Best part of this morning's round was a RASS on the front and a Connie #3 on the back. Nothing else worth mentioning (oh yeah, the course, Pinehills Jones Course in Plymouth, MA was absolutely gorgeous, and my buddy had a 2-for-1 email rate special... the price was right, but my swing was in the dumper).

Rick

I have no problem with people licking their cigars , asking to borrow my cutter afterwards is what bugs me.

And Ken is welcome to spit in my ashtray anytime !

Yeah, I wonder if someone washed his hands after peeing over the rail.

Or did he just go back the the party, eating potato chips from the bag........

to assume said potato chips were present would make the far-fetched assumption that i would provide these freeloaders with food.

rob knows better. now he fronts with ribs, sausages, lamb chops etc and - not that i am not extremely grateful - leaves a trail of grease from one end of my house to the next.