List the Worst of Cigar Etiquette

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol. Clearly this thread has aged well and is ready for smoking! Seriously though, the old internet rule against resurrecting old posts should only apply to threads that are time/date sensitive. This

Interesting - I'd probably not be allowed to smoke with many of you I've cut cigars with my teeth, fingernails, knives, nails, all kinds of cutters. I've lit them with all types of implements and

Considering a few of the new topics started buy some new members are simply met with a wall of links to old topics I don't think anyone is in place to complain about necromancy of old threads. I'm gla

Guest robustog

Stubbing the cigar out and letting it smolder rather than just setting it down to go out on its own

oh yea.... and Ken spitting in the ash tray!

lol... after reading the title of the thread.... and before I read your examples - I was going to say "spitting in ashtray".

What really bugs me

1. People wanting to taste your cigar.

2. Ken spitting in my ash tray

[/quote

The following bothers me:

1. My father cuts churchill cigars in two and smokes each half separately. Keep telling him to just smoke a robusto or petit corona if he doesn't have time.

2. People who ash into and put cigar out into plate of food.

The following bothers my wife about me:

1. I spit often into the flower bed when I smoke outside

What really bugs me

1. People wanting to taste your cigar.

2. Ken spitting in my ash tray

are you seriously so bored that you have to come up with this crap?

first, if you had served something that didn't leave the filthiest taste in my mouth, it would not have happened.

secondly, your ashtray is the size of a keg.

thirdly, it was not so much spitting as rinsing my mouth with my wine.

what bugs me is some doofus using a dirty thumbnail to 'clip' a cigar and then expecting you to smoke it.

see you in a few hours.

• Like 2

There's really only one thing that really bothers me and makes me laugh at the same time, the Fat Cat Syndrome. Usually diagnosed in obnoxious little men who can't seem to hold a conversation without SHOUTING some random cigar snippet that is usually inaccurate. Symptoms include SHOUTING for a CoRo before switching for a Siglo VI after it has been lighted, before smoking about 20% of the Cohiba before leaving it on the prominently placed ashtray for future display purposes, before SHOUTING for an expensive bottle of wine/scotch/tuna juice.

Repeat.

licking the cigar before you smoke it. There is a guy at my local that licks his entire cigar before smoking it. Ick.

In a cigar shop, putting the foot of the cigar to your nose. I dont want to smoke something that has touched the end of some other persons nose!

"if you had served something that didn't leave the filthiest taste in my mouth, it would not have happened."

Smithy and I would again like to thank Van for the cigars used at the tasting :clap:

****we distance ourselves unreservedly from Ken Gargetts thoughtless comments****

"if you had served something that didn't leave the filthiest taste in my mouth, it would not have happened."

Smithy and I would again like to thank Van for the cigars used at the tasting :clap:

****we distance ourselves unreservedly from Ken Gargetts thoughtless comments****

i have already, and do so again, thanked van for his most interesting tasting. it was certainly not van's fault that one came up short.

and i am assuming smithy still has the footage of you making comments along the lines of you thought that the second cigar was so poor, it couldn't even aspire to being a dog ****.

i have already, and do so again, thanked van for his most interesting tasting. it was certainly not van's fault that one came up short.

and i am assuming smithy still has the footage of you making comments along the lines of you thought that the second cigar was so poor, it couldn't even aspire to being a dog ****.

:clap: The term I used was "Bloody Awfull"

Only pulling your chain mate. Looking forward to the Video review this afternoon (short panetela's). If wearing shorts please esure you wear underpants.

• Like 1

:clap: The term I used was "Bloody Awfull"

Only pulling your chain mate. Looking forward to the Video review this afternoon (short panetela's). If wearing shorts please esure you wear underpants.

short panatelas!!!!! what happened to an array of aged cigars? as planned?

front up with short panatelas (and try not to leave half of them on the driveway this time) and it is warm cask sauvignon blanc for you. from an ashtray.

Stubbing the cigar out and letting it smolder rather than just setting it down to go out on its own

x2

It also bothers me when my cigarette-smoking-sister-in-law complains that my cigarsmoke smells bad...

Ken,

Squaring off on the balcony to water the lawn....spitting into an ashtray.....sheezez....more evidence as to why men should not ever ever where flip flops and why Jimmy has strictly prohibited the appearance of such attire at the NY get together.

You are however welcome at my home any time you are in SoCal for a stay or smoke. ;)

Tom

One of my in-laws will lick the entire length of the cigar, from head to foot, getting it totally wet before lighting the cigar. Grosses me out every time I see it.

Another pet peeve is smoking with someone who will constantly keep tapping the cigar to get the ash off, just like a cigarette. I'm not talking about when the ash gets to be an inch long or so, I mean like every minute or two.

I hate it big time when I share CCs with friends who are new to cigars and they have no appreciation for the smokes. They have expectations of having a sublime experience and get disappointed when they don't. Then, they would prefer Havana Honeys over CCs. I learned, so I won't be sharing anymore.

My pet hates are;

- People wanting to share your cigar (Agree with Prez)

- People biting off the end of their cigar rather than cutting, punching etc. (This isn't an Arnie moofie)

- People smoking a cigar only quarter way and thinking they can keep the rest for another day!?

- People who light their cigars too quickly like a cigarette.

- Dunking cigars in alcohol or wine (I seen this happen!)

• Like 1

Peaves:

- Giving a nice CC to a golf buddy who chews the end of it so badly and then halfway through the smoke says: 'Oh wow the flavors are really getting good? Wanna try?'

- Giving CC's to golf buddys who say, 'oh wait. Here try this..' and hand you some PoS macanudo or something they picked up in the 19th hole thats been sitting in an dehumidified display case since the Reagan administration.

And while I'm on the subject of golf buddies:

- Giving advice to golf buddies... especially those that are smoking CC's I gave them...

I'm not your bloody swing coach! You look like Charles Barkley!!! My advice is to take up tennis!

• Like 1

Besides what everyone has added, my biggest gripe about non-smokers, or those who smoke infrequently, and this has happened to me once, but I will never forget it. I was smoking/had a box of decent (non-cuban) cigars, and a buddy of mine asked for one. As, I was going to cut it for him, he takes it, puts it in his pocket, takes a "black and mild" and lights that up instead. Then to top it off, he says he is going to save it for a special occasion...aargh!!!

Asking if you might store the un smoked half of your cigar in my humidor until next week.

Offering me a cigar you got from Bill Clinton.