What Lighters do people use ?

Hi All

Just an out there question I was wondering what are peoples preferences with lighters were I seem to have the kiss of death with lighters,Cheap expensive makes no difference they all f*#k up :lol: .( oh and yes i am careful with them)

Any input would be most appreciative

Cheers Oz Cuban :rotfl:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blazer PB-207. The first one lasted me a decade. The second one is a year old now.

Love it. Great capacity. Excellent flame structure. Rugged, robust, and in the clear body, easy to gauge fuel level. For $30-ish bucks US, one of the best values in cigardom. Granted, it ain't no ST DuPont, but if you're the kind who puts his money into storage and sticks, the Blazer can't be bear on a dollar basis.

Wilkey

H2000 is right on about the wind resistance. These are fairly sensitive to wind unlike the platinum wire lighters which are close to being truly windproof.

Thanks guys i will certainly look into them

cheers

oz :lol:

Bought a Lotus L18 lighter when I started smoking cigars.

Quite sturdy good weight to it and has been reliable.

No issues with wind etc, great little lighter. :lol:

Love Blazers.

For an upmarket lighter I enjoy the Havana Series from Xikar. Lifetime guarantee helps.

For a table lighter the Vector 3 burner is without peer. We retired our last one this week. We estimated it lit 5000 cigars.

Blazer PB-207. The first one lasted me a decade. The second one is a year old now.

Love it. Great capacity. Excellent flame structure. Rugged, robust, and in the clear body, easy to gauge fuel level. For $30-ish bucks US, one of the best values in cigardom. Granted, it ain't no ST DuPont, but if you're the kind who puts his money into storage and sticks, the Blazer can't be bear on a dollar basis.

Wilkey

H2000 is right on about the wind resistance. These are fairly sensitive to wind unlike the platinum wire lighters which are close to being truly windproof.

Another vote for the Blazer PB-207. Best all around cigar lighter I've ever used, period!

Tampa

Siglo Slide Cap... relatively cheap, good looking and bloody reliable... unfortunately no longer available in Oz...

(Prez, if you have any left... please let me know)

I have one of these but it is branded differently - Pierre Cardin - but identical methinks.

Love Blazers.

For an upmarket lighter I enjoy the Havana Series from Xikar. Lifetime guarantee helps.

For a table lighter the Vector 3 burner is without peer. We retired our last one this week. We estimated it lit 5000 cigars.

This is indeed a sad day, I think it deserves a ceremony of some kind.

Perhaps it should stand on a plinth in the entrance with a suitable inscription.

Something like.

Just like an old friend, it was here one day and then Poof , it was gone.

Love Blazers.

Another vote for the Blazer PB-207 and the Vector Tundra (table lighter)

After meeting up in Vegas with Rob, I've been using the Buggati over my X-tend though.

I use a Blazer Venture and have ordered another from Mark(cigarmony.com) as a spare. I like the idea of that zippo thing.

I also use a nice lighter that I picked up at Bed Bath and Beyond. It's disguised as a creme brulee torch with four ashtrays and for $19.99 you can't beat it. Not something you'd take to a wedding, but works great out on the deck. ;)

post-66-1237985116.jpg

I have never used the Blazers.

I have a Lotus L230 lighter that my wife bought me a few years back that has preformed. It is pretty beat up but works perfectly.

I also have a Porsche lighter than, again, my wife bought me and it has worked well when I use it.

Otherwise I buy cheap Djeep throw away butane lighters at two bucks a pop.

Hi All

Just an out there question I was wondering what are peoples preferences with lighters were I seem to have the kiss of death with lighters,Cheap expensive makes no difference they all f*#k up :2thumbs: .( oh and yes i am careful with them)

Any input would be most appreciative

Cheers Oz Cuban :stir:

First of all no matter what you use keep the turbo clean, blowing out the dust with a quick puff of air is usually enough.

Second bleed all the air out of it every few refills(depress the fill valve til all air is let off, small screwdriver or pipe tool works great)

Third when adjusting flame do it by small increments they are usually very touchy and over adjustment can be hard to readjust.

Sometimes after a lighter has a bit of age I remove the governor from the adjustment knob*, requires you to take apart the lighter but they are mostly pretty simple. Taking out this little brass "Q" shaped washer will allow you to turn the lighter up higher. Once again only adjust in small increments.

* GoSteelers will not be held responsible any damage resulting from tampering with lighter adjustments(loss of eyebrows. eyelashes, nosehair, Hair Club for Men, etc...) This would probably void any warranty involved with your lighter.

Oh Yeah, I usually use matches, two at a time for best results.