What Lighters do people use ?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had about 6 lighters, including the smaller Blazer torches with the cap on a chain. Im with Van and Tampa, the big Blazer, the CG-001, is the best lighter I've owned. Mine is 3-4 years old and is good as new.

I use a variety of lighters: Dunhill, Blazer, Lotus, Xikar, Zippo Blu, Colibiri. To be honest my $500+ Dunhill gives me the most problems and I'm constantly bringing it into Dunhill for repair. The Zippo Blu blows. The Colibiri is butane, but not a jet lighter, Lotus is powerful, but has problems even after I purge, Xikar has worked great, never fails...have a few different models, but the Blazer PB-207 (one with the chain) is hands down the best. My only complaint is that in cold weather you really have to warm the lighter up with your hands if you want it to light.

Ronson Jetlite, they are not consistent, but if you get a solid one its a workhorse. And one thing I really like about it is that it keeps a consistent flame as butane level goes down.

I have had two fancy-lighter attempts go bad.

Ive been using the Xikar-Executive for the last yr now with no problems. Prior to that I was using a "mini-torch" (10$ torch with the flip cap) for 3 yrs prior, had no problems except that I couldn't adjust the flame height. I bought that Zippo insert but it never works, and I hate bic lighters because I end up burning my fingers.

I bought an expensive torch - never worked right. Never use it now.

Bought a cheap $10 torch, has never failed me for almost 2 years.

Just got a torch insert for my old Zippo, we'll see how that works.

Same problem here. I bought an expensive torch lighter from my local tobbacinist. After having it replaced twice, I decided to take the shop owners advice and get a cheapo made in China torch that he had sold tons of. Over the past year and half I have dropped it, kicked it, basically abused it, and it still works flawlessly. Price. $15usd out the door :)

• 3 months later...

I have a Xikar Havana collection single torch. It is expensive but it also has a lifetime warranty that can't be beat.

I like the size cause it isn't too big and can be carried around easily. Only gripe is the butane storage is kind of small. But that's fine for its size.

Oldfashioned wooden matces. Easy access, reliable and no worries. :P

Used to have a fancy battery driven limited edition Colibri. Faded away, without responding to revival effots :wub:

Had a Porche design lighther. History repeats itself. :angry:

No more fancy stuff.

I'm a big Blazer fan as well...but my trusty PB207 has been giving me problems. Went to an ST Dupont Maxijet.

I have been through many lighters(torches)- Colibri, Lotus, S.T. Dupont, or Xikar. I would suggest any of them, but remember that some are more overpriced than others. I've had decent success with most. Or just plain cedar/ matches.

I use a Xikar dual flame jet lighter, I can't remember the name of it. Anyway it has a sight gage for the fluid, and a built in punch cutter on the bottom, that does a pretty good job actually. I love the thing, it lights every time, doesn't use a ton of fluid, and has the lifetime warranty.

If you're a practical guy it might be worth knowing that you can get as good of a light with a match or a cheap butane lighter as you can with an expensive one.. That's something I learned way after I'd spent too much on several expensive torches.

If you just have to have a torch I'd recco the Blazer torch like the PB207. Skip all the triple flame blahbidy blahs... They blow through butane like crack rock in a crack house..

Picked up a Blazer PB-207 and EVO from Mark a couple months ago, and I've never been happier. Lights up every time and the fuel capacity is enormous.

Just don't set the EVO to max flame after refuelling... unless you want an eight inch tongue of flame roasting your eyebrows! :peace: