Hey! Just thought I would start some conversation on where everyone is from.

Massachusetts. I’m almost at the end of Cape Cod.

• Like 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Azerbaijan 😉 great folk. I am in Brisbane Australia  .....unless the tax office is reading this ....then Monaco   

On an Island in Southeast Alaska, All my friends and I usually do is Commercial fish for a living 8-11 months out of the year, hopefully 8 if we catch em up quick. You have to have a boat or a sk

Perth is a pretty isolated city. 

8 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Are the indoor smoking laws as lenient as they were a decade ago? Many restaurants and bars allowed cigar smoking. Who needs a cigar lounge when you can smoke at your dining table!

I liked Junior's Supper Club and it was throw back to another era. Neat vibe. 

It’s not like that anymore. You can’t smoke in anywhere anymore unless it’s a designated smoking lounge or something like that. 

2 hours ago, Sir. smokes alot said:

It’s not like that anymore. You can’t smoke in anywhere anymore unless it’s a designated smoking lounge or something like that. 

Mickey Mantle's still have a cigar lounge next to the steakhouse?

On 1/20/2024 at 9:05 PM, Fuzz said:

And the rest of Australia would like to keep it that way! :P

I welcome the day we become the democratic republic of Western Australia. We gonna be riiiich 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

I welcome the day we become the democratic republic of Western Australia. We gonna be riiiich 😁

Yeah. But everyone will do what is happening anyway.  Move on over

Born and raised in Germany, but been enjoying the sunshine in Barcelona for the last few years🇪🇸 

• Like 3

On 1/21/2024 at 4:46 PM, Sir. smokes alot said:

It’s been cold here in Oklahoma as well the last 2 weeks. 

That’s sounds fun. I have always day dreamed about living in Alaska. My wife hates the cold so I am stuck down here.

I served in the army with a guy from Alabama. He was one of the craziest people I ever met. 

Yea I love it but I'm biased, having been raised here. It's a lot of fun just like I'd imagine many places around the states away from the city with all your outdoor adventures. My favorite memories growing up were getting my 13ft whaler at 13 and always going to the family float house/cabin to camp, drink, eat good food, play board games, and go hunting. Very fortunate for living here. We thought we were men at that age 😆, would hop in the boat and head on over 20 min right outside of town and have the little cove to ourselves. I'd love to now go smoke a cigar there but unfortunately it washed up on the beach and we lost the logs underneath this last year.

Was a beautiful gem, looked like a nightmare of a cabin on the outside, but that was the beauty of it being very deceiving like a Harry Potter house where you walked inside the run down looking shack to beautiful wood fitted joints all cedar everything. A work of Art. Sadly others didn't know, but that was the fun secret, let them think it was run down and not know it was amazing.

Well a neighbor moved in a new floathouse next-door, a sport fishing guy, of course an out of towner thought our place was just a pile. I went to go do my check up on it one day with my lady and the guy cut our anchor and beach lines for his new place. When confronted with it he said it was him and then I made a call on speaker and said, "why don't you let the other owners know about this?" He lied not knowing my lady was inside the cabin listening the whole time so when on the phone he tried to change his story. That wasn't good for him cause my lady came out heated calling out his bs for everyone to hear 😆. So then the liar scurried back into his floathouse with his tail between his legs knowing he had just been caught lying and vandalizing my families history. Fast forward 3 years and we find out this winter it went up on the beach. I'm pretty certain I know who did it but I guess we'll never know. I guess it's just time to build another cabin and create some more fun memories with some good cigars and good company. 

It's a crazy life up here but a great one.

Holy shit, guess I really needed to write about the good ol floathouse, RIP 

Thanks for this thread by the way and how is Alabama?

3 hours ago, eaglebear29 said:

Yea I love it but I'm biased, having been raised here. It's a lot of fun just like I'd imagine many places around the states away from the city with all your outdoor adventures. My favorite memories growing up were getting my 13ft whaler at 13 and always going to the family float house/cabin to camp, drink, eat good food, play board games, and go hunting. Very fortunate for living here. We thought we were men at that age 😆, would hop in the boat and head on over 20 min right outside of town and have the little cove to ourselves. I'd love to now go smoke a cigar there but unfortunately it washed up on the beach and we lost the logs underneath this last year.

Was a beautiful gem, looked like a nightmare of a cabin on the outside, but that was the beauty of it being very deceiving like a Harry Potter house where you walked inside the run down looking shack to beautiful wood fitted joints all cedar everything. A work of Art. Sadly others didn't know, but that was the fun secret, let them think it was run down and not know it was amazing.

Well a neighbor moved in a new floathouse next-door, a sport fishing guy, of course an out of towner thought our place was just a pile. I went to go do my check up on it one day with my lady and the guy cut our anchor and beach lines for his new place. When confronted with it he said it was him and then I made a call on speaker and said, "why don't you let the other owners know about this?" He lied not knowing my lady was inside the cabin listening the whole time so when on the phone he tried to change his story. That wasn't good for him cause my lady came out heated calling out his bs for everyone to hear 😆. So then the liar scurried back into his floathouse with his tail between his legs knowing he had just been caught lying and vandalizing my families history. Fast forward 3 years and we find out this winter it went up on the beach. I'm pretty certain I know who did it but I guess we'll never know. I guess it's just time to build another cabin and create some more fun memories with some good cigars and good company. 

It's a crazy life up here but a great one.

Holy shit, guess I really needed to write about the good ol floathouse, RIP 

Thanks for this thread by the way and how is Alabama?

Oh man hearing that even makes me mad!! There always seems to be some beauty in the mess though. I am sure you will find out in time. You have a new adventure on your hands and no telling the treasures it will yield. I am here in Oklahoma and we spend a lot of time at the lake as well. I like to take my son and his friends fishing. We take a sien net out and catch a bunch of ghost minnows for walleye and hybrid white bass. I love getting to watch them put the phones down and grab a fishing pole or just a shovel to scour the beaches. When it gets cold outside we do what the kids call a roughin it trip. It’s where we take sleeping bags, food, and fishing supplies down to the beach. Then we start a fire and just fish all night long. Everyone always ends up super exhausted by the next morning. It is one of those core memories my kids will always talk about. I remember the first roughin it trip I woke up to my daughter saying “dad look” and it was about 50 geese and ducks just 40 yards from us in the water. The geese accompanied with the sunrise and calm cool water is an image I will carry with me forever!