Hey! Just thought I would start some conversation on where everyone is from.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Azerbaijan 😉 great folk. I am in Brisbane Australia  .....unless the tax office is reading this ....then Monaco   

On an Island in Southeast Alaska, All my friends and I usually do is Commercial fish for a living 8-11 months out of the year, hopefully 8 if we catch em up quick. You have to have a boat or a sk

Perth is a pretty isolated city. 

20 minutes ago, Greenhorn2 said:

Mayodan North Carolina, the 2 stoplight town.

TWO stoplights! Uh huh. You can't hide money! :) I got ONE yield sign at a round about. Damn rich people!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nevrknow said:

TWO stoplights! Uh huh. You can't hide money! :) I got ONE yield sign at a round about. Damn rich people!

Roundabout? Now you're talking about money. It would take a road crew 9 months and a million dollars to build one of those around here. Walnut Cove put one in last year and it took roughly 8-9 months. How hard can it be to make a circle?

3 minutes ago, Greenhorn2 said:

Roundabout? Now you're talking about money. It would take a road crew 9 months and a million dollars to build one of those around here. Walnut Cove put one in last year and it took roughly 8-9 months. How hard can it be to make a circle?

NC DOT is " we need to make a figure 8 off of the right azimuth of the moons orbit at 14* off center in July then translate that into the left azimuth of Mars in September and correlate that into when Mrs. Bowles picks her greenbeans and THEN divide the figure 8 into halves in order to get the circle. Yes I was born in NC. 😂

• Like 2

On 1/20/2024 at 6:33 PM, TBird55 said:

Alabama gulf coast - Fairhope 

Gonna head down there soon for a getaway! Hopefully the weather will cooperate come end of February!

16 hours ago, Sir. smokes alot said:

Oh man hearing that even makes me mad!! There always seems to be some beauty in the mess though. I am sure you will find out in time. You have a new adventure on your hands and no telling the treasures it will yield. I am here in Oklahoma and we spend a lot of time at the lake as well. I like to take my son and his friends fishing. We take a sien net out and catch a bunch of ghost minnows for walleye and hybrid white bass. I love getting to watch them put the phones down and grab a fishing pole or just a shovel to scour the beaches. When it gets cold outside we do what the kids call a roughin it trip. It’s where we take sleeping bags, food, and fishing supplies down to the beach. Then we start a fire and just fish all night long. Everyone always ends up super exhausted by the next morning. It is one of those core memories my kids will always talk about. I remember the first roughin it trip I woke up to my daughter saying “dad look” and it was about 50 geese and ducks just 40 yards from us in the water. The geese accompanied with the sunrise and calm cool water is an image I will carry with me forever!   

Yeah just the history of the place, and any and all family friends were welcome to just go stay there. Was a lot of fun but yeah something good will come of it. Time to start a new place. Yup onto new adventures. 

That's cool Oklahoma sounds like a good time and a great place to raise your kids and it makes for the best of times to bring the little ones out to disconnect from the phones for sure and reconnect with the outdoors. Great expierences. That's awesome you all beach Combe there too. Yeah the kids will remember that forever. Those roughing it trips really are the best and teach a lot and make everyone more appreciative of what we all have that's for sure.

Yeah what a great times and memories with the little ones you have, some great ones to hold on to; and to many more to you and yours! We brought our daughter out camping for the first time last winter and it was a blast even though she was pretty young. Can't wait to take her out again now that she's turning 2 and running around figuring everything out. She loves trying to be quiet and spotting all the birds, ducks and herons. We go down and spot them almost everyday I'm in town, definitely beats the cartoons. 

On 1/21/2024 at 12:42 AM, Sir. smokes alot said:

Yeah it’s not that bad of a place depending on where you are and what your doing. I prefer staying in the more remote areas where I can go sun in the river or just spend a day driving the dirt roads. 

OKC isn't the same since Aubrey's death.

• 5 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Chris P. Bacon said:

I’m roughly from here too. Northern suburbs of Detroit.

Is there any industry left there, or is it mostly gone?