What do you consider the most exceptional Regional Release that you have smoked?

What do you consider the most exceptional Regional Release that you have smoked?

This is a discussion that came up last week. :thinking:

We are not talking about "one off" exceptional Regionals....but that release/box/boxes that are consistently exceptional 93+ point cigars. 

Do you own such a box?  Do you own more than one? Which one nudges out the others. 

Let us know :cigar:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

La Escepcion Selectos Finos ER Italia -- IMO, the best period; hands down. Many others are notable, though in a different category and for differing reasons:  El Diputado ER Belux was one of the

A no brainer for me.  La Escepcion Selectos Finos.  The blend is highly conducive to aging.  Strong, yet refined and balanced.  Runner ups. La Escepcion Don Jose.  RACF.  Bolivar Bosphorus.

In general I’ve had significantly better experiences with Regionals than Limitadas, so I’ve definitely gone after them and have several "big hitters”, so to speak (Bushidos, Eslavos, Orgulosos, for ex

RA Phoenicio from 09. RA Estupendos and what some consider the first RE ever. RA Belicoso UK although they came with no RE bands. 05. IMO the flavor profile of the RA RE's in general are very true to the marca. All 3 mentioned above were spectaluar examples. I have a few boxes of the RA Perfecto Mexico but have yet to sample

• Like 1

I stopped chasing after REs around 2015 or so when the prices started to go out of control and the number of releases each year went crazy. So I can’t speak to anything recent. I also found REs to generally be underwhelming, at least from the perspective that they’re “special” cigars. 

But the 50 cabs of Simones are among the best cigars I’ve smoked. Went through two cabs, have one left.  Still improving despite getting up there in age. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Justins123 said:

I stopped chasing after REs around 2015 or so when the prices started to go out of control and the number of releases each year went crazy. So I can’t speak to anything recent. I also found REs to generally be underwhelming, at least from the perspective that they’re “special” cigars. 

But the 50 cabs of Simones are among the best cigars I’ve smoked. Went through two cabs, have one left.  Still improving despite getting up there in age. 

Had a 50 cab as well. Superb but mine took a deep dive at 5 yr mark for whatever reason and sold them off. Purchaser liked them tho

• Like 2

I don't buy many anymore.  When considering the extra cost, I've found almost all to be a dissapointment.  My new rule (guidance really) is to only buy them if I'm in the country where they are sold. 

With that said, in no particular order:

Vegas Robaina Maestros España 2007

Ramón Allones Phoenicio Libiano 2008

Por Larañaga Encantos Asia Pacifico 2011

Punch 8-9-8 Asia Pacifico 2018

Diplomáticos Excelencia Cuba 2015

• Like 2

I've only had a few that I've smoked enough of to form an opinion that I would consider outstanding. Dip Bushido, ED Belicosos would be the two that come to mind. There are others that I've only had one or two of that were outstanding but the sample size would be too small. LE Don Jose, Dip Excelencia, SLR Marquez and SP Eslavo would be examples of those. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Asia Pacifico PL Robusto has to be up there surely

Have to second this. Every cigar I had in 2 boxes were fantastic. Not a single dud so far. Same goes the Encantos.

51 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I've only had a few that I've smoked enough of to form an opinion that I would consider outstanding. Dip Bushido, ED Belicosos would be the two that come to mind. There are others that I've only had one or two of that were outstanding but the sample size would be too small. LE Don Jose, Dip Excelencia, SLR Marquez and SP Eslavo would be examples of those. 

I’m with you on SLR Marquez, all have been outstanding from a box I’m sadly almost done with.

• Like 1

I have yet to smoke one that has wowed me. Some have been duds. Just smoked a LGC Orgullosos that was very good. Some construction issues though, a bit flame retardant of a wrapper.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Islandboy said:

I’m with you on SLR Marquez, all have been outstanding from a box I’m sadly almost done with.

I've had a few Pura Vida and they aren't close to the Marquez although I've heard some good things about the Herfing. Have heard mixed things about the Tesoros and interestingly they're still pretty available.

4 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Sancho Panza "Gran Quixote

I was seriously eyeballing these when they were $250. Should have jumped on it. Is there a bad Romeos? Would love to see these as a regular production in 10s.