Your 12 cigars for a "Welcome to Cuba" sampler?

Welcome to Cuba sampler   

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The attached list represents what is regularly available right now. There are a few others but we are limited to 30 options so make due as best you can. it is no use us looking at cigars that are unavailable at this time.  ;)

The mission. 

The forum is to develop a "Welcome to Cuba" sampler. You have been entrusted to put together 12 cigars from the list that strikes the balance of:

1. Displaying the wide array of flavours/profiles that Cuban tobacco can deliver. 
  2. Cigars that you believe a newcomer will enjoy. 

12 picks only 👍'

Gracias...and it is not as easy as it looks  :D

I would simply avoid what I think of as the stronger, fuller-bodied marcas: Bolivar, JL, RA. But that’s assuming someone is new to smoking, rather than making a transition from other kinds of tobacco.

I can't believe the Party Short isn't getting more love.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

At the time of my voting, all 31 participants had voted for a Partagas Serie D No.4. That says a lot, doesn't it? :yes:

Yeah, there's only 2 regularly available Partagas :rotfl:

I submitted less than 12 selections just to keep @JohnS on his toes.

Cheers!

• Haha 2

I think variety is what a welcome pack needs. So a few different sizes. A few different brands of the same (Robusto). Varying prices points. The thing missing from the list that I would add is a short filler. Favoritos or JLP petite caballeros. Just to give the lower end of the spectrum aswell. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, JohnS said:

At the time of my voting, all 31 participants had voted for a Partagas Serie D No.4. That says a lot, doesn't it? :yes:

It’s a must smoke. One of the most recognizable cigars worldwide, and a lot of info on taste can be made if you like ‘em or leave ‘em . 

• Like 1

Being new the CCs I'd have bought a few of whatever sampler this turned into instead of basically buying a quarter box of each of these as they came up on 24:24.  I guess though a question I'd have would be would you need these to come from an already aged stock?  Like take a CoRo as an example, would the sampler include a 2022 CoRo or a 2017 CoRo?  What would give the right impression?  "Here is your welcome to Cuba sampler pack, stick it in your humidor for 3 to 5 years" seems less effective.

1 hour ago, JustDave said:

Being new the CCs I'd have bought a few of whatever sampler this turned into instead of basically buying a quarter box of each of these as they came up on 24:24.  I guess though a question I'd have would be would you need these to come from an already aged stock?  Like take a CoRo as an example, would the sampler include a 2022 CoRo or a 2017 CoRo?  What would give the right impression?  "Here is your welcome to Cuba sampler pack, stick it in your humidor for 3 to 5 years" seems less effective.

Would love to!

However in a world of poor supply, an broad market aged sampler request wouldn't be possible.  I wish it could be achieved!

4 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Would love to!

However in a world of poor supply, an broad market aged sampler request wouldn't be possible.  I wish it could be achieved!

Next time you have some aged stock, would it be possible to offer an aged vs fresh sampler of one or two cigars?  Like a pack of two aged Monte 4s vs two fresh Monte 4s to get an inkling of what time down can do for a blend. Might be tough with availability across the board, but would be awesome to be able to compare and contrast a fresh vs aged example of the same cigar.  

• Like 1