How long we giving Trinidad?

How long will Trinidad brand last?  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An issue that has hit me:   Cohiba is the most inconsistent brand out there for me. No other can give such highs and such lows. Regardless of income levels, anyone getting whole dud boxes, never

True. For solace see the results of most blind tasting competitions where people can't pick a coro from a partagas sd4. Just buy the counterfeit bands and when you're wasted one night put them on a bu

I think that their strategy is quite clear.  They don't want anyone who cares about price to smoke Cohiba and Trinidad.  They want people smoking Cohiba/Trinidad to be seen making a statemen

9 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I think that their strategy is quite clear. 

They don't want anyone who cares about price to smoke Cohiba and Trinidad. 

They want people smoking Cohiba/Trinidad to be seen making a statement. 

They may indeed pull it off.  I am sure they will with Cohiba at least.

Personally I don't want any part in it. :rolleyes:

Time for Ben to crank up the output on the FOH IG account and become a Cuban Cigar Influencer. Star up a Patreon and OnlyFans too.

12 minutes ago, Woody Hayes said:

My God only Tom Brady and Robert Kraft will be able to afford them.

And not even Kraft after all those massages 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

The Cohiba ring and branding has cache; no question.  Easily recognized around the world.  In the most elite circle of luxury trademarks. Trinidad; not so much.  No one is like wow when they see a Trinidad cigar or branded anything. 

Habanos will have their work cut out convincing smokers Trinidad is all that.  I like them and they keep getting better.  Much better now than the original line up.  Ultra Luxury???   There's only room for one.  Trinidad should be in between Cohiba and VR etc.  The non Cohiba heavy hitters are better served with Gran Reservas, books, humidors and the like they have been doing for decades.

Agreed. Cohiba is equal to Rolex in worldwide name recognition. Trinidad? Not even close IMO. Only thing Trini has in common with Cohiba is the "luxury" pricing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SCgarman said:

Agreed. Cohiba is equal to Rolex in worldwide name recognition. Trinidad? Not even close IMO. Only thing Trini has in common with Cohiba is the "luxury" pricing.

But thats like saying Rolex is the only luxury watch. Rich people know about Patek, Audemars, hublot, etc (I'm sure there are others I've never heard of as I'm not a watch guy).  There's more than enough room for Trinidad at an inflated price. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dominattorney said:

But thats like saying Rolex is the only luxury watch. Rich people know about Patek, Audemars, hublot, etc (I'm sure there are others I've never heard of as I'm not a watch guy).  There's more than enough room for Trinidad at an inflated price. 

People buying an expensive watch know of the other brands and know they are just as fancy (if not more).  There is no convincing needed to say Patek is the best even though the buyer wants a Rolex.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, El Presidente said:

They want people smoking Cohiba/Trinidad to be seen making a statement. 

My "statement" is that I stocked up when prices were reasonable.        😀

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cairo said:

My "statement" is that I stocked up when prices were reasonable.        😀

Congrats, but they honestly couldn't give a rats arse. ;)

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, dominattorney said:

"Rich" people surely know about the other Swiss luxury watch brands. But all of them pale in worldwide brand recognition to the Rolex name. Jay Z and all the other rich ballers he travelled with to Havana a few years ago were smoking Cohibas. I may be wrong, but wasn't Trinidad a Fidel "thing"? Habanos is free to market any brand they wish as a "luxury" item only deserved for those who can light their cigars with $100 bills. Let them have their cake and eat it too. I'm not a player in their game. 

2 minutes ago, SCgarman said:

. Let them have their cake and eat it too. I'm not a player in their game. 

They have drawn a line in the sand knowing full well that they will lose existing Cohiba/Trinidad clients.  They want to lose those clients. 

Their call. Poor call in my eyes but likely to be successful in terms of $/marketing/positioning/bla bla bla. 

Not a damn thing we can do about it and nor should we care. ;)

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Congrats, but they honestly couldn't give a rats arse. ;)

They will care when the rolling rooms are at 25% capacity because all the torcedors have left the country. What will be the answer then? Start pulling kids out of classrooms and sitting them at rolling tables! Can't sell $100 cigars without manpower/womanpower to physically make them. 

4 minutes ago, SCgarman said:

They will care when the rolling rooms are at 25% capacity because all the torcedors have left the country. What will be the answer then? Start pulling kids out of classrooms and sitting them at rolling tables! Can't sell $100 cigars without manpower/womanpower to physically make them. 

All the more reason to concentrate just on Cohiba and Trinidad.  Car manufacturers are concentrating on higher margin cars right now since supplies are in a shortage.

• Like 1

How long do you think it will go before Habanos tries to co-brand's Trinidad (or any marca for that matter) with other luxury brands? "Trinidad for Tom Ford"  

2 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

How long do you think it will go before Habanos tries to co-brand's Trinidad (or any marca for that matter) with other luxury brands? "Trinidad for Tom Ford"  

I'd take an F1 car with Cohiba colors. 

2 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

I like how many are opinionating on how this will all play out with some hope of a reversal in the future.  It reminds me a lot of when our local race track was pointing to shutting down.  The locals kept guessing that it was some negotiating ploy by Churchill Downs, Inc.  Locals were saying they couldn't afford to lose the business, they wouldn't do that to their customer base, and blah blah blah.  Then CDI officially announced the shut down and a final racing season last year, and I've still got friends asking me if I think they'll re-open or run races again this year.  The answer is no, it's over.  Maybe when they actually start tearing down the buildings will it sink in.

Same with the marketing plan for Cohiba and Trinidad, the decision has been made, it's over.  Maybe it will sink in for all of us when the new prices hit everywhere.  Don't expect a rebound in the future.

Couldn't agree more. I can't wait to receive even more raised eyebrows discussing my relative dislike for Cohiba now that the inevitable sour grapes argument is so well teed up. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

I like how many are opinionating on how this will all play out with some hope of a reversal in the future.  It reminds me a lot of when our local race track was pointing to shutting down.  The locals kept guessing that it was some negotiating ploy by Churchill Downs, Inc.  Locals were saying they couldn't afford to lose the business, they wouldn't do that to their customer base, and blah blah blah.  Then CDI officially announced the shut down and a final racing season last year, and I've still got friends asking me if I think they'll re-open or run races again this year.  The answer is no, it's over.  Maybe when they actually start tearing down the buildings will it sink in.

Same with the marketing plan for Cohiba and Trinidad, the decision has been made, it's over.  Maybe it will sink in for all of us when the new prices hit everywhere.  Don't expect a rebound in the future.

But make way for the new McCaskey Dome presented by Portillos!

• Haha 1