What do you do with empty boxes?

22 hours ago, jonahs_whale said:

Keeping the top of dress boxes or all boxes? Curious to see what that looks like when its done!

Tops of any box; I am not prejudice.  

I figure I can JBWeld them to a large solid wood top and then pour a liquid epoxy over the top to seal in the boxes.  

20 hours ago, dominattorney said:

Your house sounds like fun. Home made cheese, charcuterie, and woodworking. 

Don't forget about the six small barrels of wine in my garage.  😉

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Nevrknow said:

Dress boxes in the closet. SLB's are used for aging CP purchases. Keep the CP's also when I gift some. 👍

Check!  Pulled in a 15 pack of Mag 50’s last week and did exactly this.  Had an old, empty Mag 50 box and in they went!

I’ll take notable or interesting ones down to my cigar lounges for display.

My kiddos have more than a few in their play area with various toys and “sleeping” stuffed animals in them.

The wife uses them to store sewing stuff and office supplies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dominattorney said:

@Kitchen for president, 2024

Not going to lie, I'm 100% certain I could do a better job.  Granted, the bar has been set pretty low, and it's not yet finished being lowered.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kitchen said:

Not going to lie, I'm 100% certain I could do a better job.  Granted, the bar has been set pretty low, and it's not yet finished being lowered.  

A prosciutto in every dark basement, only the stinkiest of cheeses, and plenty of dark, heady homebrew for all the kiddos. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LLC said:

Dress boxes I mostly throw away but I’ve kept more recently in case I ever need to deal with plain packaging. 

Cabinets I tend to keep more of and do use some for customs. A while back my wife took some of the cabinets apart and made some very nice coasters.

Oh wow! Those turned out great. Might be doing that as well. What did she use for a coat on those?

17 hours ago, LLC said:

Dress boxes I mostly throw away but I’ve kept more recently in case I ever need to deal with plain packaging. 

Cabinets I tend to keep more of and do use some for customs. A while back my wife took some of the cabinets apart and made some very nice coasters.

Those look fantastic.  Might have to try that out.

Cheers

6 hours ago, jakebarnes said:

Oh wow! Those turned out great. Might be doing that as well. What did she use for a coat on those?

After cutting and sanding she said she used a stain similar to cedar and then wax both from Minwax. 

• Thanks 2

On 3/9/2022 at 5:18 PM, LLC said:

A while back my wife took some of the cabinets apart and made some very nice coasters.

Damn I keep coming back to the photo of these beauties.  @LLC, really great idea.  Compliments to the missus :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2022 at 12:18 PM, LLC said:

Now that is a brilliant idea! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2022 at 12:18 PM, LLC said:

Great idea. Those turned out really nice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My partner has been using them for crafty stuff around the house. And it's about time. I've got my smoking room half filled with them. 

What I ought to do is break the wooden ones down and use as partitions in my humidors. 

And I like to give gifts of Cubans to my partners coworkers, so I reuse the boxes. They love it. Real Cubans (and lately a great way to dump a lot of my D4s).

• Like 1