$1,000 USD to invest

Let’s hear it! How would you invest $1,000 USD?

Could be a long term return, maybe a mutual fund that you can contribute to every now and again…..

…..or a quick hit and reinvest type of thing - maybe snag a box of Cohiba something or other and flip it and make a quick 30%?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Buy and read a couple of financial books (The Four Pillars of Investing, The Richest Man in Babylon, etc)

2. Start an emergency fund

3. Pay off any high APR debt

4. Put the rest in VOO and VT

Or buy Krugerrands and boxes of P.L. Montecarlo 😀    At least they will never be worthless.

• Like 2

Hookers and booze. If that doesn't suit you then I would look into and thoroughly research NFT's for a potential quick return 

For a longer term investment route, I bought Apple stock about 10 years ago it has provided a very nice roi. I only wish I had bought more sooner. Woulda, shoulda, coulda...

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

"One grand is not such a big amount to invest somewhere. But I would definitely not keep that money in the bank, even the savings account.
Well, my first step would be to repay all debts that I have left. The fewer debts you have, the more money you can save. I learned this rule from the Mortgage Broker Ipswich when I requested a mortgage recalculation. It was pretty helpful, though.
Then, I would consider spreading this amount of money across cryptocurrencies, bonds, and corporate shares. Just to spread the risks of losing everything."

This actually aged remarkably well. A box of Espys last February would have netted a 300% gain!!!

• Like 2