El Habano Moderno

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.cigarjournal.com/el-habano-moderno/   Looking forward to see the latest "opera".    Congratulations to Alexander Groom to keep alive the project started  by Trevo

I can recommend Alex's book as much more that a printed copy of the website.  I have been privy to the development of this book and have seen several proofs of the whole book, and I have been ama

Just to clarify, they are scheduled to leave the factory in China by ship on the 18th. Australian copies are coming direct to me, the others are going to a distribution warehouse in the US and then wi

55 minutes ago, RichG said:

Man…this comment has had me debating if I need to add a “chicken grease edition” since yesterday.

Seems like a valid point though…one book as a showpiece for coffee table, bookshelf, etc., and one to really dig into while smoking, etc. without having to worry.

Decisions decisions…

It’s the reason I went back and changed my pledge. I kept my collector’s edition but I added a kickstarter edition. I’ll let friends mess with that one. If someone dropped my linen covered collector’s edition volume I might shoot them on sight. It won’t happen tho. 

So what I’m saying is I’m in for a chicken grease edition! Maybe Alex will rename it from KE to CGE. 😂😂😂 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, tblbkk said:

I have pledged for the Ultimate Collector's bundle. How do I change my pledge to add the 'add ons'. When I click on 'add ons' nothing happens?

Through the website, I had to click manage your pledge, then change your pledge, then the pledge button (without changing my pledge), next page is the add ons.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I originally chose the Collector's Edition, bookmark and print. Then added the 2nd print. Now I've changed it to the Ultimate Collector's edition with the add-ons.

I've upped my pledge, up yours!! :P

Brown noser.

5 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

If you're using the app, click "Manage" at the bottom right then the ellipsis at the top right. Then click "Choose another reward" then "Continue" and do your thing emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Great this worked for me. Thank you for your help! Awesome to see USD 100k pledged with four weeks to go!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just got in. One for my mates in Tampa and one more for the road!... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2022 at 3:59 PM, JohnS said:

On the contrary, MRN is rightfully mentioned in the forward of the book, along with other dignitaries along the way who have contributed to the wonderful knowledge to be gleaned from this exciting venture!

You know, I was tempted to hide this comment (in my humble role as a Moderator of our forum) because references to MRN could potentially render the upcoming responses in this thread askew, but I thought it would be better to be transparent and lay such conjecture to rest. In other words, MRN is a great supporter of sharing knowledge of Habanos cigars with enthusiasts, as are other people thanked and referenced in El Habano Moderno.

I have and consult the original MRN and love it, but it is dated. A book like El Habano Moderno is exactly what today's collectors need. Several years ago I heard that MRN was working on a second edition of the encyclopedia, but I haven't seen any updates on it. Any true fan of these kind of books will want to own them all! I won't hesitate to add El Habano Moderno to my shelf alongside MRN and the other (less comprehensive) Habanos titles I own.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am in at the Kickstarter signed edition but have been considering the Collectors Edition. My concern is the linen bound book. Will this stain with cigar smoke?I have good ventilation but everytime I repaint in my room, you can see the paint is stained slightly by cigar smoke. Any comments? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1