El Habano Moderno

Just got the below update, now I need to go find that second email in my trash folder. 😆

Hello everyone, 

As many of you know, we had a few issues with sending out the BackerKit surveys last week. Thank you very much for your patience whilst we worked to resolve those. Our partners at BackerKit have finished updating everything, and there should no longer be any extraneous shipping fees on anyone's accounts. 

However, those of you who already submitted your surveys will need to go back and re-confirm your Kickstarter add-ons. You should already have received an email from BackerKit to that effect with a link, but if you have not seen that, you can also use this link to reach your BackerKit survey: https://el-habano-moderno.backerkit.com/. You will need to enter the email address you used for the Kickstarter campaign to access your information there. 

That link will also work for any of you who might not have received your BackerKit survey (sometimes these end up in spam/junk folders, for example), so please take the opportunity to finalise your order, submit your shipping information, and add on any additional items you might want. 

If you have any other issues with your BackerKit survey—including not having received one yet!—please reach out to the BackerKit support team set up especially for this project, here: https://el-habano-moderno.backerkit.com/faq#contact-us. Again, please make sure to use the same email address you used to back the campaign on Kickstarter.

We should have some more fun updates for you soon, but thank you for bearing with us for these less exciting ones and for submitting your surveys promptly! 

Best, 

Alexander Groom of Cuban Cigar Website & Helios House

• Like 2

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.cigarjournal.com/el-habano-moderno/   Looking forward to see the latest "opera".    Congratulations to Alexander Groom to keep alive the project started  by Trevo

I can recommend Alex's book as much more that a printed copy of the website.  I have been privy to the development of this book and have seen several proofs of the whole book, and I have been ama

Just to clarify, they are scheduled to leave the factory in China by ship on the 18th. Australian copies are coming direct to me, the others are going to a distribution warehouse in the US and then wi

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I have a new $4 charge and zero idea. 

......I am however easily confused  :D

Ditto. I was $5 in credit, then I owed $4. So I'm just ignoring it.

Yeah, sorry guys, as you may have guessed Backerkit had a few technical issues with the project.

The publisher assures me that it "should be fixed now, except for a very small number of people for whom it should be fixed imminently."

If you're still having a problem or have any questions probably best to send it directly to them: https://el-habano-moderno.backerkit.com/faq#contact-us

Apologies and thanks for your patience.🙏

• Like 4

No worries, mate! As you would expect, most of us in the Northern latitudes think you Aussies look like Crocodile Dundee! 😀

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ATGroom said:

Yeah, sorry guys, as you may have guessed Backerkit had a few technical issues with the project.

...are you having fun yet :D

Glitches are part of the process. I will leave it to Blooperkit to get it right. 

• Haha 4

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, jakebarnes said:

Out of curiosity, are these still available for purchase? I went down a rabbit hole a few weeks ago and wasn't able to find a way to actually buy the book(s)

The Kickstarter campaign is over, but you can pre-order the books from Helios House. They also have both posters, the bookmark and bookplates for sale.

https://www.helios.house/shop

5 hours ago, joeypots said:

No news here for a while. Any progress with the project?

The date of publication is still listed as 2022. Have to hear from @ATGroom as to whether things are still on schedule. Never know with the ongoing COVID disruptions. 

I can’t wait to get my copy, whenever it does arrive. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
Guest Nekhyludov
On 9/23/2022 at 9:27 PM, ATGroom said:

Yep, I believe it should still be before the end of the year.

Has been a very slow process waiting for the editor, layout etc but that is all done now and it should be going to the printer soon.

I'm excited for you all to see it.

Now that we're into 2023, any updates on when these might ship @ATGroom? Haven't seen any communication from Kickstarter or the publisher in a while ...

1 hour ago, Nekhyludov said:

Now that we're into 2023, any updates on when these might ship @ATGroom? Haven't seen any communication from Kickstarter or the publisher in a while ...

Zero pressure. Maximum excitement! 😀

On 1/3/2023 at 7:57 PM, ATGroom said:

The publisher should be sending out an update in the next few days, although it won't include a shipping date.

Believe me, it's as frustrating for me as it is for you as I finished my work on it a long time ago and I get asked about it every day. I guess it turns out printing things like custom boxes is complicated.

All I can say is thanks for your patience and hopefully not much longer now.

I re-quote myself: Zero pressure, maximum excitement! 😀

• Thanks 1

I’m looking forward to this volume. Thanks for the note on the Kickstarter page, Alex. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...