NFL : 8 teams remaining Your weekend picks ? Who will play the Superbowl?

Great round of Football coming up :ok:

Tennessee   vs Cincinnati

Green Bay vs   San Francisco

Tampa Bay vs Los Angeles (LAR)

Kansas City   vs Buffalo

Our NFL tipping comp looks to be a coming down to a top 2 fight out 

1 yadegari6 177 5 177-87
2 DLramper_at_HNL 177 6 177-84
3 philipl 175 6 175-89
4 CigarPhil 174 4 174-90
5 The Noid 174 6 174-88
6 cleelv 174 7 174-90
7 MooseAMuffin 174 5 174-90
8 Washington Pick Em Team 174 6 174-88
9 bambambam 174 7 174-90

• El Presidente changed the title to NFL : 8 teams remaining Your weekend picks ? Who will play the Superbowl?

Should be a great weekend. Voldemort and the green demons should crush Jimmy G and the prospectors unfortunately. The rest look very competitive 

• Like 2

May the green lord of evil play his last game at Lambeau...

Buffalo / San Fran...

• Like 3

Let’s go #BillsMafia and whoever we need to beat from the NFC. My daughter is a GB fan because of Kaaron Rodgers. That should make from a great SB. If we win I won’t shut up about it. If we lose she’s gotta move out. I lived thru all 4 of those SBs in the 90s. We deserve a win!

6DFE6C42-5FE5-422F-AEB6-85DAABCEC0C2.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

Let’s go #BillsMafia and whoever we need to beat from the NFC. My daughter is a GB fan because of Kaaron Rodgers. That should make from a great SB. If we win I won’t shut up about it. If we lose she’s gotta move out. I lived thru all 4 of those SBs in the 90s. We deserve a win!

lot of fans would be very happy if their team made four superbowls! and you had your chances. well, chance. you couldn't even beat the giants. missed it by that much! in those days it was always the top AFC team - you - against the top NFC East team - anyone but the eagles. 

after that, it was downhill. i'd started following the skins a year or two before that - just assumed the skins would always be a playoff/superbowl team. and you think you have problems.

i remember that superbowl well. still have it on tape. your guys were unbelievably arrogant (sorry but...) and seemed to think they only had to turn up. given the skins had gone 14-2 from memory and lost those last two by a total of three points when resting starters (otherwise, they could have done the undefeated season), skins fans were a bit pissed for us to be considered rank underdogs. especially as it was a seriously good team in every position. one possible weakness was the QB though that was his one glorious season and he could throw a hell of a long ball (and was otherwise about as coordinated as a drunk rhino on ice skates). with the trio of WR - monk, sanders, clark (i just assumed that we would always have a combo of brilliant receivers - i mean, why wouldn't we?), it just worked. they really were one of the greatest teams.

one thing i don't get (yes, i know it went downhill from there) was that you had a top QB but he could never win the big one and your backup QB (frank rich or riech? - is he the guy coaching the colts?), in the playoffs that year, is down 35-3 if i recall, half way through the 3rd quarter. and he wins you the game!!! wow. his reward, a bum full of splinters back on the bench. was there much talk about him starting after that game? 

back to the future. the chiefs and bills game is the one i am keen to see. thought the bills played brilliantly. chiefs not bad either. think the bills might scrape home but i would not put money on that. the pack will surely beat the 49ers. lot of talk about garropolo coming to us so i don't need him leading them to the superbowl and upping his price. have a feeling the bengals might sneak a win. hard to go against brady and the defence. thought that defence was what won that game more than brady. 

all the teams which made the playoffs which i hate went out first round - a QB run, dak? priceless. so i can just watch and enjoy. have always liked the pack and tampa (hey, we beat tampa so love to see them win the lot and we can at least take some pride from that) so happy for either of them to win through. 

@Ken Gargett the SB against the Giants was more lost by the Bills than won by the Giants. Norwood was the Bill Buckner of Western NY. I was 13 years old and my brother who is younger than me got into football before I did. My Bills fandom is a credit to him. Arrogant against the Redskins? Maybe they were. I don’t think it mattered. Mark Rypien played a good game. Just to show you the kind of talent he was working with… 18-33 attempts translated to 292 yds passing and 2 TDs. On paper alone that’s a 16+ yd a catch average. That wasn’t all Rypien but it was all Redskins. Like I said, I was a kid then and I don’t recall the details of each game but I remember enjoying being atop the AFC. The Frank Reich thing… I’m sure with NY media stirring the pot the idea of starting him was thrown out there. It’s still the biggest blown lead (and biggest comeback) in playoff history by the then Houston Oilers and Warren Moon. If you’re wondering about QBs that actually won a SB as a backup think no further than Nick Foles and the Philly Eagles. He got traded and they tried to plug him in at the Jaguars and then the Bears to no avail. Sometimes you’re at the right place at the right time, and that’s all that matters. 

6 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

@Ken Gargett the SB against the Giants was more lost by the Bills than won by the Giants. Norwood was the Bill Buckner of Western NY. I was 13 years old and my brother who is younger than me got into football before I did. My Bills fandom is a credit to him. Arrogant against the Redskins? Maybe they were. I don’t think it mattered. Mark Rypien played a good game. Just to show you the kind of talent he was working with… 18-33 attempts translated to 292 yds passing and 2 TDs. On paper alone that’s a 16+ yd a catch average. That wasn’t all Rypien but it was all Redskins. Like I said, I was a kid then and I don’t recall the details of each game but I remember enjoying being atop the AFC. The Frank Reich thing… I’m sure with NY media stirring the pot the idea of starting him was thrown out there. It’s still the biggest blown lead (and biggest comeback) in playoff history by the then Houston Oilers and Warren Moon. If you’re wondering about QBs that actually won a SB as a backup think no further than Nick Foles and the Philly Eagles. He got traded and they tried to plug him in at the Jaguars and then the Bears to no avail. Sometimes you’re at the right place at the right time, and that’s all that matters. 

agree about the giants and bills - that was my reference to 'missed it by that much'. things could have been different. 

the bills had some big stars in those days - kelly, reed, thurman thomas, bruce smith, cornilius bennett, talley and more. they gave off this impression that they'd been robbed the year before and this one was owed to them. remember it well and also how much it pissed the skins. that farce with thomas and his helmet summed a lot of that up. you've lost a superbowl and you are back there. you are your team's superstar running back and when the game starts, you can't find your helmet? actually, the game started before it officially did. the aussie coverage, which is what i have taped, had different advert scheduling. the game kicked off and the first play was done when it was realised that america was still watching ads. so they had to re-do it and kick off again. have always wondered what would have happened had the bills returned the kickoff for a TD. not sure they would have been happy to have it quashed. not as though they looked like scoring one after that, till the skins started playing the backups later in the second half. 

rypien had a great game and an amazing season. but it was all a bit 'one glorious hour' stuff for that season. never reached those heights before or after. think he was MVP. 

and we are forgetting that the skins had joe gibbs. still believe that there is some compelling evidence to rank him as the greatest coach of all, but that will always get an argument. lombardi was before my time. so was chuck noll but he got his superbowls over a fairly short period with a great team and the same QB. as brilliant as bellichek is, would he have half the record if no tom brady?

gibbs won his three superbowls with three different QBs - something no one else has achieved - and none of them hall of fame stuff. but gibbs designed the perfect style of game for each of them. also, his were over a fair length of time. but i digress. 

i think that this bills team has to be at least as good as that one that lost the four. suspect the toughest game they face now is this weekend. win that and they'll go very close. might come down to whether brady or rodgers can pull it out in the superbowl. 

18 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

I can tell you who I want it to be. KC vs SF for the rematch. But likely it will be Karen Rodgers vs Tom Shady

Rodgers and Brady are both in the NFC, so they won't play each other in the Super Bowl.

Go Pack go as always.  Will probably instigate some local rioting if they don't make it to the big game this year, so sick of losing in the damn NFCCG. I'd actually like to see Green Bay vs Cincy in the Super Bowl. I think a rematch of the hilarious Missed-FG-a-palooza from earlier this season would make for a supremely entertaining game. Burrow-to-Chase vs Rodgers-to-Davante is a great marquee to sell too. GB vs KC in the SB I Nostalgia Bowl is also a good matchup.

Not-so-wild Prediction for this weekend - Rasul Douglas will pick up another Pick-6 off the 49ers.

All that said - the best part of the Super Bowl is still this year's Halftime show.  Dre, Eminem, Snoop.....17-year old me is losing his mind at the potential awesomeness of that show. But I digress :rotfl: