Need your input on the next Nudes/Desnudo

Dalias sounds great.  Especially if you can nail down an RA898 blend. ;) I still have a few original Czars( large Celestiales Finos vitola). Would love to see a smaller RG version of that.

• Like 3

47x6 sounds good.

Been thinking about getting some churchill size cigars and this slightly shorter length seems more approachable because of the time commitment

Anything approximating a corona gorda suits my taste just fine and I wouldn't turn my nose up at a dalias either.

On 1/6/2022 at 6:29 PM, El Presidente said:

I love a Churchill as well but it is still a special occasion cigar for me. I don't know why but that extra length just pushes it outside of the realm of an "everyday" cigar 

That is just me but the whole brief of this Nudie/Desnudo concept is " Make everyday cigars that we love to smoke"   :cigar:

For me, a 1 cigar a day guy, churchill is the size I wish I could smoke everyday.  If only was there enough of them.

I guess I would also counter than the N1 at 7.5 sold out much faster then the 6 inch N3.  So perhaps others also prefer the longer size?  Just a guess. Or perhaps you just had a lot more of the N3's and I'm wrong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Monterey said:

I guess I would also counter than the N1 at 7.5 sold out much faster then the 6 inch N3.  So perhaps others also prefer the longer size?  Just a guess. Or perhaps you just had a lot more of the N3's and I'm wrong.

The pricing on the N1 vs N3 was much more favourable to the N1 than general CC pricing for a 6 inch vs 7.5 inch cigar, where that extra inch and a half would cost 50%+ more.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bijan said:

The pricing on the N1 vs N3 was much more favourable to the N1 than general CC pricing for a 6 inch vs 7.5 inch cigar, where that extra inch and a half would cost 50%+ more.

Monte Especial is 24% higher over the #2.  Cola is 29% higher over the CCE.  N1 over N3 was 28%  Seems right in line to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monterey said:

Monte Especial is 24% higher over the #2.  Cola is 29% higher over the CCE.  N1 over N3 was 28%  Seems right in line to me.

You can get monte especial 2 for close to $300, definitely seen $320 lately. Good luck finding especial 1 for $450 today, I've seen $500+. Maybe Cuba island prices are closer.

Not sure about current CCE and Lancero prices though but I could have sworn something like $600 vs $900 at one point.

Edit: I think you're right about the CCE vs Lancero, or at least until recently.

9 minutes ago, Bijan said:

You can get monte especial 2 for close to $300, definitely seen $320 lately. Good luck finding especial 1 for $450 today, I've seen $500+. Maybe Cuba island prices are closer.

Not sure about current CCE and Lancero prices though but I could have sworn something like $600 vs $900 at one point.

Edit: I think you're right about the CCE vs Lancero, or at least until recently.

Removed my previous post as I shouldn't have mention prices of other places here.

Summary, my recent purchase of Monty Especial fell in line with the above mentioned price ranges.   Rob has the Lancero for 750ish recently.  

Have to go by YUL as prices of late have more to do with lack of supply vs the true value of cigars. 

The original point I was trying to make was not about prices anyhow, just length wise, what is someones "every day cigar"  If I smoked 2-3 cigars a day, it would be all 5-6  inch cigars.  Because I smoke 1, 7 is more what I like.

I think an interesting factor when considering the old version of the N1 and N3    is although they have obvious similarities, the N3 seems to be pitched more as a full, bracing cigar,   which the Monty Es2 and CCE are definitely not. 

Some really interesting points raised, on prices and length/smoking time preference etc.   but I think whist the N1 provides a very classic Lancero lush/rich experience,  the N3 is much more appealing to the Party 898 and R&J Cazzie crowd, than it is the Monty Es2/CCe crowd.

• Like 2

The bottom line is that finding longer format skinnies is a pain in the rear compared to shorter ones. Espy 2’s aren’t uncommon - Especials are like hen’s teeth. 

• Like 1