What's up for the weekend?

Going to see Dylan’s show at Beacon Theater tonight. First live show since COVID kicked off. Took today semi-off, spent good time with the little ones, had been a while with no cell for a few hours and lack of stress. Weekend more of the same, quality time. And I am getting a booster shot that hopefully will not knock me out. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Tomorrow, my cousin is getting married. Since it's a Greek wedding the plan for me is to fast for two days prior, drink and eat on the wedding day and probably eat about three days later. If any of you have been to a Greek festival/party/wedding etc you will know what I'm talking about.

Some bad news though, the beard is gone for the wedding at the kind insistence of my beautiful wife Eleni and fantastic mother, Maria. They also want my hair shorter but as it took me two years to grow on account of the Covid-19 pandemic and not visiting a barber I couldn't come to terms with the thought of the fifth stage of grieving (i.e acceptance) and witness my hair being removed in ten minutes after it took two years to grow. So I got a trim.

To all my dear friends here, the CigarJesus references are out for the time being, but just like Jesus, the beard will come back!

1260542791_2021-11-1717_24_04.jpg.bc57cee6426558bf74a00147e2c886b8.jpg

1117821817_2021-11-1917_34_55.jpg.dfc7572ec2c19825bf38d036b8c44867.jpg

Looking good George Harrison!

• Haha 2

Long but good week working, so looking forward to some down time. Tonight (Friday) got off to a good start with crazy good pork chops on the Kamado Joe, nice red wine and now, a  Siglo III. The rest of the weekend is probably more cigars, F1, College Football and some NFL. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lord Verulam said:

Oh come on! You could always squeeze in a Cosho or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m an Arizona boy.. not built for Midwest weather lol, I’m spoiled. 

• Like 1

Heading to Long Cove Resort & Country Club on Lake Wylie for a few days with my wife. The title is a little optimistic. Just looks like some tiny cabins by the lake to me, but it's where she wants to go. Our cabin does have a private porch so at least I have a smoking option if the weather cooperates. 

• Like 1

We are preparing to head out to Steamboat, Colorado for opening day of ski season this week. “Preparing” largely entails tuning snowboards and smoking cigars in the garage. 

This will be our first season in our new condo and I’m about to begin teaching my son who will turn 3 on December 4th how to snowboard and we’ll do his birthday out there. I am always extra pumped for the first ski trip of the year but this is like 10X the excitment given our new place and the little guy. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Lomey said:

Made some homemade smoked beef jerky today. Smoking a RASS and then a PLPC by the firepit with a few homebrews. Tomorrow watching the Vikings take down the Packers!

Wish that was my weekend!  That jerky looks terrific.

• Like 1