Of all the Habanos special releases, if you could go back in time, which one would you have picked up?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There has been a ton I know. However if I could go back in time, I would ensre that I picked up the Bolivar Centenary humidor featuring 50 BBF and 50 BRC.  While I wouldn't want to sell it, they

Other than the Siglo XXI humidor, 1492 and Cubatabaco 25 I suppose I'd go with the Partagas 155 Aniversario.

This one's OK.

I wish I can get Cohiba Siglo VI Gran Reserva, since it seems it's one of the legendary CCs among CC aficionados. I'd like to try regular production version of Cohiba Siglo VI as well 😃.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, torsion said:

Prices vary online, saw one sold last week £15,000

I’ve heard that, at the annual Habanos festival auction a few years ago, a Hunters 225 cabinet donated by the family of the late Simon Chase sold for over $400,000 (€380,000). No doubt that’s far more a testament to Simon, a legend, than the cigar itself. 

5 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

I’ve heard that, at the annual Habanos festival auction a few years ago, a Hunters 225 cabinet donated by the family of the late Simon Chase sold for over $400,000 (€380,000). No doubt that’s far more a testament to Simon, a legend, than the cigar itself. 

Heard? Where did you hear this? Or did you read it somewhere? If so, where? 

34 minutes ago, Carrie Nation said:

At 56:13 - the Sahakians would seem to be a reliable source of such information.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7J455MLueSo&list=PLNeFpbTnJYLxZ_7nr3N0O5cnDI6_kdzsb&index=28

7 minutes ago, MrBirdman said:

At 56:13 - the Sahakians would seem to be a reliable source of such information.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7J455MLueSo&list=PLNeFpbTnJYLxZ_7nr3N0O5cnDI6_kdzsb&index=28

Prices at the Festival events can get crazy. People have been drinking and smoking all day, the money is supposedly donated to the Cuban health system. 

Similar to the First Tuna sold during each season at the Tsukiji fish market, the prices paid are exorbitantly more than they should be. But for a lot of the people bidding, its not even their own money, and they want to have the artifact to display in one of their shops, etc. Its more about the pride of ownership than anything, add Simon Chases' name and 400k doesn't surprise me. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrBirdman said:

I see. Well, here’s what I heard…Some of those big-shot bidders at the festival turned out to be empty-suit deadbeats and Habanos still has a backlog of humidors from past auctions because some people never paid up. Has anyone else heard this? Pres?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Carrie Nation said:

Well, here’s what I heard…Some of those big-shot bidders at the festival turned out to be empty-suit deadbeats and Habanos still has a backlog of humidors from past auctions because some people never paid up.

Something tells me that wasn’t an issue for this particular item. But in any case that’s what the lot went for. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carrie Nation said:

I see. Well, here’s what I heard…Some of those big-shot bidders at the festival turned out to be empty-suit deadbeats and Habanos still has a backlog of humidors from past auctions because some people never paid up. Has anyone else heard this? Pres?

I've not heard of it being a regular issue. I do know one deadbeat that took a whole year to collect a humidor from the Partagas Festival though. 🤣

@Habana Mike, what was that guys name?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Carrie Nation said:
1 minute ago, Corylax18 said:

Lol, we both went there 😆

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, MrBirdman said:

Something tells me that wasn’t an issue for this particular item. But in any case that’s what the lot went for. 

More than one distributor told me. That's where I heard it. Has anyone else heard this? 

14 hours ago, Carrie Nation said:

Or those special extended production of overrun Behikes in the leather case made just for the rollers and employees. I heard they were actually much better than the ones that came in the Ellie Blue humidor.

I think those leather bound BHK's are acknowledged as fakes.  There is NO way Habanos rewards their rollers with such a grandiose gift. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puros Y Vino said:

I think those leather bound BHK's are acknowledged as fakes.  There is NO way Habanos rewards their rollers with such a grandiose gift. 

I should have put a laughy face next to my sentence. Yes, it's a fake. And, if you remember, it caused a simultaneous uproar on three or four forums when everyone had a collective conniption over it. I met Bahama Adam shortly after and asked him about the case. He stuck to his guns insisting that they were what he said they were. So he's either a fraud or a fool. In any case, not my cup of tea. But how about those Jubilaums? 

• Haha 2

Although not a vitola I would consider a 'go-to' and not the most lauded regional release,  I really liked the Ramon Allones Petit Belicosos UK Regional Edition.

A few years back I could pick these up quite regularly, and even at UK prices, at a pretty good price. But slowly and surely the scarcity and price point started creeping up and now they are virtually gone apart from private sales.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

I've not heard of it being a regular issue. I do know one deadbeat that took a whole year to collect a humidor from the Partagas Festival though. 🤣

@Habana Mike, what was that guys name?

I have learned that one should never bid over the coin in their pocket when in Cuba. No credit cards, checks accepted and no ATM!

• Haha 2

if i had known what the 04 cohiba sublimes would sell for, a truckload more of those. but then the stuff that went up today, those early LEs, i was buying those for $130 a box at the time. well, i sure enjoyed smoking them but wish i had bought a lot more. 

I have one stick left from a sampler from Rob back in 05…can’t bring myself to smoke the last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Anything Dunhill and Davidoff Dom Perignon  and Mouton Rothschild :cigar: :cigar: :cigar:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cigcars said:

*Anything Dunhill and Davidoff Dom Perignon  and Mouton Rothschild :cigar: :cigar: :cigar:

Those are all boring regular production 😉. I guess Davidoff had an 80th anniversary release.