What's the longest you've gone between cigars?

Definitely a few years. I didn't keep exact count though. Until last year I didn't smoke cigars regularly. At most get a box and smoke that, and then it would be a while before I would get any more, maybe a single here or there. I think the most I smoked before this year was maybe two boxes in the same year

Edit: Longest I went this winter was 3-4 days.

• Like 4

About 6 weeks from beginning of Jan -feb due to cracked rib. It was too cold anyway but could have gone to the pub. Between not relaxing with a cigar and not beating able to work out, was a “little grouchy”. Still can’t work out yet but started up again with RyJ No4. Still testy but not as bad. It’s finally getting warmer around here. 

• Like 1

I went several years- probably five or six- without a cigar while doing graduate work and settling into a new home. Then picked up a box of Monte Dumas in Barcelona while on vacation and was reminded just how much I loved cigars.

23 minutes ago, moellert said:

Since getting back into cigars about 18 months ago my longest is almost two months while selling our house this January and February. The garage was my go to spot but the wife told me no mas since she didn’t want potential buyers smelling it. Now that we’ve moved and I have a screened porch with a fireplace and electric heaters it’s back on!

737beb4de88184063a045b7cf57dbd59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the dream right there!! 

1 hour ago, moellert said:

Since getting back into cigars about 18 months ago my longest is almost two months while selling our house this January and February. The garage was my go to spot but the wife told me no mas since she didn’t want potential buyers smelling it. Now that we’ve moved and I have a screened porch with a fireplace and electric heaters it’s back .

Since getting into CCs mid last year I find myself anxious to sample all my purchases so I force my self to take a few days off from the hobby.  Did the ball find the basket on the tv? 

5 minutes ago, moellert said:

We sell cigars here in the states... emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha of course, but I don't really smoke NCs and didn't know any CC sellers, and I can't say I was looking actively either. 

• Like 3

any cigar breaks coincide with lung infections...every couple years I get a bad throat infection...not quite strep, but serious none the less...will usually take 2 to 3 weeks to heal..

definitely no cigar smoking during these periods. 

Had a gap of about 3 years after my first ever cigar and then I slowly got back into cigars and maybe had one once a month and then ramped this up in the last 2 years and probably smoked every few days but now since 2021 I've gone back to weekly smokes.

• Like 2

In the past Jan and Feb could be pretty rough, it's not that enjoyable smoking on a patio with no heater when it's below -20c. I think the longest stretch was about 40 - 45 days.

Fortunately the coldest it's really been for any serious stretch is around -15c and I have a good friend several blocks away who is a like minded scotch and Habanos fiend and he's generous enough to share his heated garage.

Long overdue moving into a house and setting up a smoking lounge / studio for winter months and rainy days.

• Like 2