Superbowl.....

Being from Kansas City of course Im wanting Chiefs. Had season tickets for 20 years. My whole family is down in St Pete beach. I had to stay back as have a state test next week. I plan on making chili and will have a RAG and Havana Club 7! GO CHIEFS!!!

• Like 1

No friends over this year so I'll make my usual pot of SB chili.  Wife and I will make deliveries on Saturday including the chili & fix'ns, chips and dips, and desserts to our friends that normally would have come to our house to watch the game.    I'll be watching the game in the garage without any real rooting interest.  I think this will be the "passing of the torch" game but I won't be surprised if the old geezer shows he's still got it.  Primary cigar will be the last Cohiba PE I've got; it's been calling to me.

I’m a Jets fan, certainly have alot of admiration for Tom Brady but never thought I’d ever root for him in a Super Bowl (hasn’t this guy won enough? lol) but as a Florida resident would be great to see him win one for Tampa. 

Menu will be chili, I’ll start that tomorrow...I take my chili very seriously....as well as grilled buffalo wings and seven layer dip (a once-a-year gluttonous tradition and goes well w the chili). 

Tough call on the cigar. I typically use big sports days as excuses to light up the good stuff......might crack into my first box of Punch 898 or ERDM Tainos, have yet to try either. 

• Like 1

Going to make some chili and wings enjoy some cold beer and grumble at the TV when my prop bets are not going well. 

Going to enjoy the game alone, the wife will watch the first half until the half time show and then complain the game is too long. 

Sadly no cigars it's too cold at the moment but if I could I would enjoy a trini fundadores! 

My projection is that Chiefs win it. Sorry Prez. First quarter will be slow with teams feeling each other out and then it will open up. Chiefs win by 10

4 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Our hearts say Bucs, but our minds say Chiefs. What a fairy tale it would be if Tampa Bay win 3 postseason games on the road and the big one at home!

I think that might prompt Rob to emulate Hawkey...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to cheer for the Bucs for at least this 1st quarter. I am in a $60/square pool that pays $100 a minute. My numbers are Tampa 7, KC 0. If Tampa scores a TD first, I should be able to afford a nice box of DC’s! ?

*As always I will be watching the Puppy Bowl !!

317317_211302455606061_1428996039_n.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, benfica_77 said:

Someone needs to tell Di that Prez might be a little bit under the weather Monday lol ....cancel all meetings! 

I am prepared to come home on that day to see Rob either "doing a little dance of victory" :party: or out cold on the couch depressed :pooped::lost:

He is very excited and I all ready know , no interruptions or phone calls while the game is on :forkyou:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

God I wish I could enjoy American Football,  especially in Covid times.  Any excuse for a big Sat or Sun

Just cant get into a sport that seems to stop every 5 seconds.   I love the fact that so many people go wild for it, but it sadly leaves me cold. 

For whomever is watching it,   have a great day......be lucky

• Like 1

I just think of What We Do In The Shadows and their excitement about visiting a neighbour's Superb Owl party...

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, WarriorPrincess said:

I am prepared to come home on that day to see Rob either "doing a little dance of victory" :party: or out cold on the couch 

No need to guess honey

By the time you  get home,....I will be out cold.... win or lose ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Chili cheese dogs (Nathan's), nachos, guacamole. Pulled pork as a backup if still hungry later. Probably some other stuff in the junk food category, one of the few times a year I indulge in that crap.

Some big beers early, moving to Bourbon around halftime.

Considering Dan's idea for an 'A'. That way I won't have to go rooting around for something else half way in.

Torn between Bucs and Chiefs. Used to live outside KC as well as down in Tampa.

Being in the ATL during the Falcons disastrous SB, Tom Brady..... ?

I know I'll be rooting for the right scores with my eye on the squares I'm in.

• Like 1

Hi my name is Joe and nice to meet all of you. Hailing from the state of Wyoming. 

Wings on the Traeger grill smothered in Mango habanero sauce AND Reaper pepper sauce. Cook and smoked for 2 hours.. 

Bolivar Petit Corona Factory code: TUA  

Beer = Weihenstephaner Vitus

Chips and dips of various assortments...

• Like 2

Got a RA Gigantes I've been trying to smoke since the first week of the playoffs, but just haven't had the time for it. 

Will just be coming off a 12hr shift so dunno...canned soup and multiple budweisers?  

Don't like Tom Brady so will be rooting for the Chiefs!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JMV said:

Hi my name is Joe and nice to meet all of you. Hailing from the state of Wyoming. 

Wings on the Traeger grill smothered in Mango habanero sauce AND Reaper pepper sauce. Cook and smoked for 2 hours.. 

Bolivar Petit Corona Factory code: TUA  

Beer = Weihenstephaner Vitus

Chips and dips of various assortments...

Welcome Joe! I think you'll fit right in.

You are welcome to introduce yourself here as well. https://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/forum/6-newbie-introductions/

Cheers!

Just the wife and I this year. I'll smoke some wings and make some buffalo ranch dip with homemade tortilla chips. My wife will make ground beef sliders. Drink for me will be some homebrews. No idea what she will drink. Unfortunately no cigar. The weather is supposed to be in the teens Fahrenheit. To cold for me even with a heater.

I'm a Vikings fan so no real rooting interest. I've lived in the KC area for over 20 years so have a lot of friends that are fans so I'll be happy for them. I also respect what Brady's done over his career so wouldn't be upset if he won another one. Like most people I really just want a great game.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1