Have a crack at answering this one for me. "10 boxes for 10 years"

7 minutes ago, Toast & Taste said:

Someone (not me?) should index these posts/choices into a final list. Twould be interesting. 

Siglo VI 

BBF

RASS

Serie D No.4

Fundadores 

Monte No.2

Diplo No.2

PLPC

QDO Coronas Claro

Sir Winston 

Big Al 

Just did!

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, Youth.  Bulletproof and invisible.  Tell him to buy them and smoke the MF’ers.  NO ONE IS PROMISED TOMORROW.  He can save for his retirement, but his widow will just spend it with her

Partagas Lusitanias 13 PLPC 13 Montecristo No 2 11 Trinidad Fundadores 11 Boliva

HdM Petit Robustos HdM DCs JL1s D4s Connie As Party Shorts Trinidad MLs Upmann/Monte/Partagas No 2 BBF Trinidad Fundadores   Honorable mention to

I have all of the following with 10+ years of aging on them.  With the majority of them aged by me.  Wouldn't give them up.  :)

Cohiba Lancero / Punch DC / VR Unicos / Trinidad Reyes / Partagas 898 / Por Larranaga Petite Coronas / RyJ Cazadores / H Upmann Mag 46 / Partagas Serie D No 4 / Cohiba Esplendidos 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Toast & Taste said:

Bundwallah, are those full boxes or have they been sampled?

Big Al 

All have been sampled but not emptied.  :D  I have multiples of some with >10 years on them which I smoke 1st.

2 minutes ago, Toast & Taste said:

That's the hard part for me. I can sit on a box for a long time, but once I crack it I can't seem to stretch it out over time.

Big Al 

I hear ya.  Sometimes if a box is smoking really well why wait any further?  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Upmann Sir Winston 

Trinidad La Trova

RyJ Churchill

Cohiba Pyramides Extra

Ramon Allones Gigantes

Partagas E2

Juan Lopez 2

Montecristo No 2

Hoyo San Juan

Punch Punch

Well, the La Trova is only 3 years old. Must have psychic abilities :)

39 minutes ago, Toast & Taste said:

That's the hard part for me. I can sit on a box for a long time, but once I crack it I can't seem to stretch it out over time.

36 minutes ago, bundwallah said:

I hear ya.  Sometimes if a box is smoking really well why wait any further?  

Once a box is on I generally smoke it pretty quick, 12-18 months or so. I'm way past my 20s and I think 10 years is an excessive aging goal. Here goes anyway.

Cohiba Esplendito

CORO

Cohiba Siglo IV

Bolivar PC

Punch Punch

Monte Cristo Especial #2

Partagas Lusitania

Partagas 898

RASS

H Upman #2

I find it tough to come up with ten cigars. I usually like the cigars I'm smoking right now best. Yesterday's a memory,  tomorrow's a dream. and today is a present. Don't groan too loudly.  I think most Cuban cigars are apt to expire faster than they were 20 years ago so I would seriously consider wrapping any box of cigars that is over 5 years old with some type of air restricting barrier. I've been using 5" industrial strength mini hand stretch wrap on special aged boxes for quite a while with good results.

If you have 10 years to wait, not only will anything in a 50 cab yield great results, in 10 years, they might not be available. 

1. Partagas Shorts 50 cab

2. PLPC 

3. Lusi 50 cab

4. HdM DC 50 cab

5. RASS 50 cab

6. HdM Epi 2 50 cab

7. Party 898- also doubt these will be available in 10 years. Get them while you can. 

8. CoLa- IMHO, the best pound-for-pound “investment” in the CC world, and they age like a dream. 

9. Fundies- put age on them and they just keep getting better. 

10. SW- don’t even have to justify these. Just go check out any completed sale on BR for this one. 

• Like 1

With all the good stuff coming out of cuba the list is somewhat endless and more based in what you’d want.  Shouldnt the question be what won’t last 10 years?? then go from there.

i wouldnt know.  everything i buy i plan to smoke now, while im here. 

My list is not based on value, appreciation or aging potential. Simply stuff I would smoke all day everyday (ideally, as not a cheap endeavor) and I am missing many top picks, but if I had to chose I would chose this today.

Trinidad Reyes

Cohiba Robustos 

Ramon Allones SS

H. Upmann  #2

Cohiba Pirámides Extra

Trinidad Fundadores

Partagas Salomones

Partagas Lusitanias

Cohiba Siglo VI

Montecristo Línea 1935 Maltés 

9 hours ago, vhampl03 said:

@bundwallah of those boxes you listed that are > 10 years old, which do you think have benefited most from the time down? Ty

- Vance

Hmmm.  I'd say the Punch DC. VR Unicos. Cohiba Esplendidos. P898. These really stood out for me. Though the rest of that list still performed great. In some cases, I'm smoking through 20YO boxes. (CoLa and P898) and they're just sublime.  In the case of the Unicos , I raided them like a hungry racoon locked in a candy store.  My other Unicos are not quite 10 yet, but they're getting close. Nonetheless I sample them to see how they smoke.  

Just keep buying and storing, been into Habanos around 25 years.  You'll have a collection in not such a long time.  I've never seen a box of cigars cost less 5-6 years later than what I paid for it.  Between taxes and inflation, cigars are not as money wasted as some other "hobbies".  Can sell boxes to pay for more boxes too.  I was at one point maybe 15 years ago that every box I owned was free from selling and buying.  Now it's maybe 10-15% were "free" boxes.  I've sold great boxes that I would cherish, but never got to them and getting a new box is 2/3 the fun for me.  I'll sell any box if it's to fund new boxes.  All of a sudden I have to vacu-seal boxes to store in my cellar.  Ran out of room. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 12:04 PM, Monterey said:

Well, the La Trova is only 3 years old. Must have psychic abilities :)

Karnak says they'll be great in 10!

One surprise to me is the absence of any PLMC mentions.

Just smoked one last weekend and have to say it was really enjoyable. Liked it so much I ordered a second box to see what they might taste like in a year or two as I know the box I opened won’t last more than a year. 

Was thinking about loading up a bit more to age some of the 19 and 20 stock. But no love in this thread. Makes me wonder why?

• Thanks 1

Hoyo Epicure especial

Hoyo Epicure No I 

Hoyo Epicure No 2 50 cab 

Hoyo coronations yes he will be pleasantly surprised, and have something tubed

Cohiba lanceros 

Quai D'Orsay Senadores 

Punch Punch 

LGC No 4

PLPC 

Trinidad fundadores