Golfing Cigar Recommendation

I am usually more focused on my game and enjoying the company I'm golfing with.

When I've taken cigars to share with the group it has been C&C usually of a PC size, (Boli or perhaps a Partagas PCE).

Funny just noticed we joined FOH the same week, keep it in the fairway.

• Like 1

Whatever your preference is really.  Cant go wrong with either that you mentioned but it depends on how long you want to be smoking it for.  Are you walking or riding in a cart? How hot is it going to be outside and what flavors would you like from it? 

I'll smoke what you mentioned, pyramide, corona gorda, robusto extra, double corona, whatever.  For me, I personally love smoking something mild to medium in body but god flavor. If I do smoke on the course, it'll usually be one on the front and one on the back.  Connie A, Dip 2, Monte 1 are all favorites for the course for me. 

All depends on your price point and how much attention you want to pay to the cigar also. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, motownflip said:

Riding always.  It's hot right now.  So hot.  Mild to medium is good.  

HDM Epi Especial or Epi 1, HU Connie 1 or A, HU Mag 46 & 50, Monte 1, 2, 3. R&J Short or Wide Churchill.  Some that could be good in my opinion but everyone is different here. 

• Like 3

When I smoke cigars and play golf it’s always when I’m riding or every once in awhile at a place that I’m taking a caddy. I tend to smoke my normal everyday cigars (RASS, BRC, Shorts, BPC) because I’m not able to focus on the stick as much as I’d like to. If I’m playing well or somewhere that I want to play well I definitely don’t smoke. I mostly smoke cigars at my home club when I’m just out playing with my buddies. 

• Like 2

• JohnS changed the title to Golfing Cigar Recommendation

My go tos have always been Lusi or Hoyo DC (sadly, the latter has been incredibly scarce lately). I’ve always started the round with one of these and had backup (usually a robusto of some sort) for the final holes, if I want to spark another.

• Like 1

I bring one petit corona for the front, and a robusto for the back. That’s just me... ?

• Like 1

I just walked 18 with friends in the heat while drinking beer, white claws and cognac with a Rio seco. Worked out nicely. 

I usually like the Churchill. It’s light, long, And not too special that I want to focus on it.

• Like 1

Love to play golf and obviously love CCs. But I do not smoke during the round because I hate to have to have to relight the cigar when I get to focused on the round and neglect the stick. I prefer to wait until after the round and dinner. Follow up with a Connie 1 or Monte something.

I nearly always walk the course and between the Arizona heat, trying to stay hydrated, and trying to play a halfway decent round I don't see how I could enjoy a cigar with my game. I see that others enjoy it though so kudos to you all!

• Like 1