Golfing Cigar Recommendation

Always enjoyed the La Gloria Y Cubana series R when walking, but gauge is not so prone to wind here in Michigan.  Have to be careful though, get to much nic and there is not telling where my tee shot is going.

Hoyo San Juan is my favorite golf cigar. Not too strong and lasts a while. I use the stage 5 clinger to hold them which works great, magnets hold onto the rails on the cart. 
image.jpeg.dcecefefcc14910196fe68a9dfb2501c.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

Hoyo San Juan is my favorite golf cigar. Not too strong and lasts a while. I use the stage 5 clinger to hold them which works great, magnets hold onto the rails on the cart. 
image.jpeg.dcecefefcc14910196fe68a9dfb2501c.jpeg

Great call on the San Juan!  

I have one of these as well but find that they hold the cigar in a little too snug. I’ve always had it crack the wrapper at some point because of how tight the clip is. Love the magnet and premise of it though.  For me, it works better with skinnier RG sticks. 

2 minutes ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Great call on the San Juan!  

I have one of these as well but find that they hold the cigar in a little too snug. I’ve always had it crack the wrapper at some point because of how tight the clip is. Love the magnet and premise of it though.  For me, it works better with skinnier RG sticks. 

Just spread the clamp apart until is the right size.  It’s a little tricky to find the sweet spot but I find it much less damaging than the spring loaded clamp I used before

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 9:29 AM, SigmundChurchill said:

Funny, the RAG is my golfing cigar.  It lasts for 12 or 13 holes.

I enjoy a front nine RASS, followed by a back nine RASS.

- Wheezy

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Just spread the clamp apart until is the right size.  It’s a little tricky to find the sweet spot but I find it much less damaging than the spring loaded clamp I used before

Makes perfect sense but I never wanted to do that in fear of damaging the structural integrity of the clip itself. I'll have to give it a try because I love the concept of them this seems like it'll do the trick. Thank you for sharing! 

• Like 1

I prefer not to smoke when playing a competitive round and only very occasionally even when just having a knock with mates. When I do I prefer pyramids for some reason. Choose a cigar that you know burns well and is likely not to need constant attention.

Here is a pic from last month of an HDM Petit Robusto smoking nicely. ?

IMG_20200616_170156563.jpg.d40ab0ac3a3ef10e1492ad50d1f493ee.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/20/2020 at 8:03 AM, Homer said:

Do you give your cigar to caddy when you are hitting the ball?

Of course- What do you do?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Homer said:

I don’t smoke same time when I am playing golf. 

This was meant to be tongue in cheek.  all in good fun. 

On 7/20/2020 at 3:48 PM, ronnancy353 said:

Have to be careful though, get to much nic and there is not telling where my tee shot is going.

Sure....blame it on the nicotine ?

I like cheap cigars on the course.  Usually a couple a round. My go too is Rocky Patel vintage seconds. Less than $4 each.

Don't know how many times I've left one and realized it a few hundred yards later....nope, not walking all the way back there unless I just lit it. Or step on it....yeah that happens too ? So cheap it is half of the time for me.

I make these pitch mark repair tools, which also function as a cigar rest. Regrettably, I haven’t used it much lately, as my fairway iron game is in the dumper.  ?

3D37C786-8CBE-4A85-A59C-FAABAB3BE1D6.jpeg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BTWheezy said:

I make these pitch mark repair tools, which also function as a cigar rest. Regrettably, I haven’t used it much lately, as my fairway iron game is in the dumper.  ?

Brian, those are awesome.  I played golf with a guy probably 10 years ago who had something similar but in all steel.  I always thought it was a great idea as I don't like putting my cigar on the grass.  Too many pesticides and chemicals IMO.