2.6 million dollar Cohiba Humidor sold in auction

I read that article last night and couldn’t wrap my head around how ridiculous that was.  

They must have been serving a LOT of liquor before the auction... 

I’m pretty sure you could buy every Cohiba Auction Humidor & Limited Release ever with that money and then some. 

This is for a great cause... Cuba's healthcare if I am not mistaken. At least this billionaire gets something for his charitable donation. I am not sure if it's a tax write off, but who cares. His name is forever embedded into cuban culture and he has one bad ars box of goodies! Hopefully they name a hospital after him. 

• Like 1

And kudos for SA Habanos for commissioning modern looking boxes this year. This is the reason all other auctions pale in comparison. These are actual usable humidors that these millionaires can proudly display in the east wing of their mansions. Humidors of past auctions seem very rustic, which is cool, but it's obvious what these whales want.

3 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Strange, they only show that one picture of it.  Not even a great angle.  Plus, I would love to be able to see the cigars.

I’ll keep a look-out in the “Your latest CC Purchase?thread over the next few days.

I hear it’s headed to Montana. Some guy named Mark S.

• Haha 1

2.6$Mio for 550 cigars. That’s a nice lump sum. 4.250$ per stick plus a nice humidor. Piece of cake, you all should see my champagne ? bill. Just saying. 

Hopefully he is going to pay the bill.

I am quite happy when the money goes into the healthcare. Last year they raised 1.7$Mio this year 4.7$Mio. 

13 hours ago, Wookie said:

I think proceeds go to Cuban health care system, so it's a nice donation to people who need it. 

I agree,   I hope people don't wet their beaks on this cash before it gets to it's rightful destination.......sadly I cant see that happening. 

if someone swapped all the cigars I own for that box I’d be livid. Haven’t done the math on what I own but I would guess it is less than $2.6M. Burning money, literally.

Again.......it has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of money spent.  It is ALL about the prestige of owning something only one person in the entire world has.

Very hard to wrap your head around for most but it is what it is.  Call it what you want...Crazy rich Asians or Rich crazy Asians, but that's the facts.

And hopefully the money does go to its intended named purpose.

:unknown: