Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

24 minutes ago, Mickey D said:

How are these to sample ROTT, once rested at 62% for a week or two?  I know they are very young. 

In general to me cigars are ok literally ROTT. Then it depends on the difference between the cigar's moisture content/humidity on arrival and your storage. If they match then they continue to be OK, if there's a difference (up or down) it'll take something like 30-60 days for them to reach equilibrium.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mickey D said:

Mail call, includes RAT DIC 2020  😁
How are these to sample ROTT, once rested at 62% for a week or two?  I know they are very young. 

Depends whether you like them smooth or rough.  The Medio Siglo needs to be well acclimated or you may have burn issues but flavors are good and pretty smooth early on.  Robustos need some years on them or you'll have a mongrel on your hands.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bijan said:

In general to me cigars are ok literally ROTT. Then it depends on the difference between the cigar's moisture content/humidity on arrival and your storage. If they match then they continue to be OK, if there's a difference (up or down) it'll take something like 30-60 days for them to reach equilibrium.

In my relatively short experience purchasing CC, I’ve noticed all seem to be over humidified and have swelling and splitting issues in the last third. 
I might go ahead and sample the Medio Siglo just to see where they are at.

Thanks for your input!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mickey D said:

In my relatively short experience purchasing CC, I’ve noticed all seem to be over humidified and have swelling and splitting issues in the last third. 
I might go ahead and sample the Medio Siglo just to see where they are at.

Thanks for your input!

Yes I would say all vendors store at more than 62%, with FOH generally being on the lower end, and some other vendors being very high. There was a post where someone mentioned taking boxes from various vendors and putting them in tupperware with no boveda and a hygrometer and measuring what happened, and the results reflected that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RichG-LI-NY said:

This may prove relevant.

very interesting. Thank for sharing that post. 

35 minutes ago, Mickey D said:

very interesting. Thank for sharing that post. 

You're very welcome. My personal choice is waiting 60-90 days wherever possible. That way when I smoke, I can weigh the experience of the smoke based on its environmental factors as I intend them to be, and not have to wonder if some of the experience of the cigar is being impacted by stress from conditions during transit. As someone that is new to the world of Habanos, this allows me to, in my opinion, gauge the experience with less doubt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:
Last box of my QdO Coronas purchasing purge. These have the lightest wrappers, just like my ‘18 box, so this box will be next in the firing line!

I recall you posting 2 a month or so back. Settle down and let some others buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Mickey D said:

it's not ROTT if it has rested for a more than 24h 😂

on a more serious note, in my personal experience, all arrivals from FOH smoke pretty well in the first 2 days. after that, they go to sleep and the flavour becomes bland for a couple of weeks before waking up again

• Like 4

Nice haul!  ^^^^^

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mickey D said:

Mail call, includes RAT DIC 2020  😁

It's not so much that the cigars are young, they have jet lag. I have more experience with boxes than tubes but the 30 day rule is a rule for a reason. The cigars have been in a commercial air cargo hold for a long flight at least twice, and probably a few more times than that depending on the source, in their short lives. It's a lousy environment for cigars and giving them a chance for a full recovery can make all the difference. If ya gotta smoke one soon take it out of the tube and put it in your humidor until Memorial Day. Smoke something less dear than those Cohibas in the meantime. I don't think you'll regret it. My $.02

• Like 2

8 hours ago, joeypots said:

It's not so much that the cigars are young, they have jet lag. I have more experience with boxes than tubes but the 30 day rule is a rule for a reason. The cigars have been in a commercial air cargo hold for a long flight at least twice, and probably a few more times than that depending on the source, in their short lives. It's a lousy environment for cigars and giving them a chance for a full recovery can make all the difference. If ya gotta smoke one soon take it out of the tube and put it in your humidor until Memorial Day. Smoke something less dear than those Cohibas in the meantime. I don't think you'll regret it. My $.02

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll do just that. 👍