Marca you care the least for?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant believe anyone would think Bolivar was their worst marca??  I am not one that is able to pick out certain nuisances or flavors, i either like it it or dont, Bolivar to me is just exceptional...it

That would be Montecristo for me. Every tasting note and review I read goes "Cocoa, cream, coffee ". I just get old wet ashtray.

Sancho Panza. The few I've had, have not left me wanting more.

Cuaba.   There's a few decent ones,but I prefer they ditch the marca and add perfectos to other marcas.

Vegueros. No burning interest to try.

SLR.  Same as Sancho.

Partagas.  I have not had one I liked.  It’s that sweet pepper under current that turns me off.  

I'm generally not a fan of Cohiba, but the siglo II,  V,  CE and Lancero are excellent.

I stay away from most RyJ, but the Petit Churchill is lovely and the Cazadores is one of my favorite cigars.

Old Vegueros was plain gross to me. New Vegueros is outstanding.

Cuaba Divinos are divine and the Salomones puts the Partagas version to shame.

Speaking of Partagas, Presidentes, shorts, E2 PCE, the rest....meh. Especially the lackluster and overhyped P2.

Upmann and Boli can do no wrong aside from some weak tubo showings.

The only marca that I have not explored in depth is Sancho Panza. I have smoked less than 20 cigars from this marca, and while none particularly stood out, none were so bad that I would avoid the entire marca moving forward.

Essentially, there is no marca that I avoid. There are only specific vitola that I prefer over others. 

• Like 3

Blind tasting? I wouldn't be surprised by any vitola from any marca being either a gem or a waste of money. That said, the Vegueros I've had were awful.  A lot of what Shlomo posted above is dead on for me.

• Like 1

Seeing Montecristo and Cohiba doesn't actually surprise me. They roll more of these two Marcas than all other CC's combined, so there will be bad ones. The law of averages guarantees it. I would label either "least consistent" before I called them the worst. 

The Marca that I care for the least would have to be Punch, or what's left of it. I've gone through two boxes of Punch Punch and didn't like any of them. Same with a box of Royal coronations a few years ago. They all tasted like an ashtray to me. 

• Like 1

It's fun reading this thread. I think every single brand has been listed by now. I've had amazing experiences in just about every marca, and had terrible experiences in every one as well. I can't even think of one I'd avoid or be afraid to buy at this point.

• Like 1

It would be a fun exercise for folks who have a favorite marca to swap smokes with someone who hated that marca--wonder if the specific sticks would change any minds.

I am still a newbie so I am keeping an open mind on all of them.

• Like 4

On 8/11/2019 at 2:46 PM, Cubadust said:

That would be Montecristo for me. Every tasting note and review I read goes "Cocoa, cream, coffee ". I just get old wet ashtray.

Exactly!

100% Cuaba and Vegueros and La Flor de caca, LOL. 

I've had amazing JLP (Petit Cetros), best fresh and young.

Monte has a lot of strike outs for me, but I love the #5. Fonseca does nothing for me, and I tend to like those mild cigars. RyJ is the most frustrating though. Reading the reviews and people talking about the flavor profile, it sounds like I should love the marca, but I just don't. Too much cedar and not enough black cherry I guess.

San Cristobal or Saint Luis Rey.  Don't currently have a box of either marcas.  SLR DC's were decent way back, but that was about it.  Never cared much for SC's except for the original release of the LCDH series.  The 2nd batch wasn't the same. 

I'd like to give San Cristobal another try some day.  Nothing has jumped out as  must buy.