For me in that range it would be a couple of boxes of good quality or a few samplers if just starting out.

You could buy several good boxes and a box of  Quinteros to help fill in the gaps if you’re wanting to smoke more regularly.  If you’re just looking to smoke on special occasions or a cigar a month, I’d make the most of it and buy the best you can find.  

I was pleasantly surprised by the Quintero’s Panetela.  It was stronger than I expected and had a decent leather/wood/tobacco taste.  It’s not a flavor bomb and won’t take you on a transitional journey but it could help you stretch $500 further and allow you to enjoy the CC experience more often. 

Find the flavors you like through samplers and then buy more of those.  You don’t have to spend a fortune to get a great CC.  

Good luck in your pursuit of the cigars that satisfy your personal preferences.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Not sure this is an answerable question unless we have a time frame...

$500 free money right now? Maybe Trini Fundys and toss in a RG Perlas. 

Right when will I be able to buy cigars again? A month, a year? Answer would depend on this. If I had a windfall of $500 to spend on cigars right now until I get paid again?

Box of medio siglos and a box of Bolivar PCs. But this is also contingent on what I'm currently lacking, so probably also not helpful.

• Like 1

In my complete limited experience on CCs it would be a Jesus Cab of Partagas Shorts. Spend the rest on pairs of sexy looking singles out the store. You would have a solid batting line up and Mr. Shorts would always be there to pinch hit when things go a foul. It’s all upside and by all means get a PerfectDraw.

13 minutes ago, CampDelta369 said:

In my complete limited experience on CCs it would be a Jesus Cab of Partagas Shorts. Spend the rest on pairs of sexy looking singles out the store. You would have a solid batting line up and Mr. Shorts would always be there to pinch hit when things go a foul. It’s all upside and by all means get a PerfectDraw.

Just received my first box of shorts today.  They are resting comfortably and based on several of your comments/reviews, I’m really looking forward to trying them after a rest.  You’ve got my hopes up and now I just need to get past the wait...

Are they ready yet?  Are they ready yet?  Now? 

1 hour ago, stogieluver said:

go with quantity over quality. The difference in quality isn’t enough to cut drastically into my smoking opportunities. But that’s just me. I pretty much love most all CC’s.

Yes, what @stogieluver said.

I mean it’s really a personal decision, but for me, I’m leaning towards variety and quantity. This gives more opportunities to experience a nice smoke, and almost all smokes are good.  

Incidentally, my most memorable smokes have been punctuated by everything from the lowest cost sticks, to medium cost, and highest cost.

But at the same time if someone is interested in, say, a box of Cohiba something, maybe that would be the thing to do, plus either some singles, or a cheap and cheerful box or two.

Sort of like all roads lead to enjoyment, there isn’t really a wrong way to spend it.

• Like 1

Based on my tastes, I’d get a box each of SLR Regios and RASS (which both smoke great when young) and puts you at $433). That leaves you with $67 of assorted singles you could pick up.   If by chance you didn’t like the Regios or RASS, I’m sure you could trade them on the trading forum.

Those aren’t bottom shelf smokes by any stretch of the imagination But there’s no shortage of combinations to $500 that’ll get you 2-3 boxes of excellent smokes 

• Like 1

I'd have to go with like a SLB of BBF or trinidad coloniales and then a box of RG Petit corona get 2 boxes of great smokes! If I bought a high shelf box I wouldn't touch it and I'd be buying it just to say I bought it. 

• Like 1

por larranaga montecarlos, 5 boxes if your lucky, while you make it through these 125 you will also appreciate what age does to a cigar.  Also you will see the differences in taste from box to box.  Alot of 'experience' for your dollar!  

• Like 1

Even with cheap cigars I would be very depressed!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It’s up to your personal tastes, naturally. If I was limited to $500 I would grab a discounted box of Juan Lopez No. 2, a discounted box of Upmann Magnum 46, and a box of Bolivar PCs or a high grade ten count box of Lusitanias.  Something along those lines. 

• Like 1

Ten count boxes  could  get you a good variety of cigars.

Lusitanias

P2

Epicure Especial

Mag 50

That will set you back about $525. 

1 Cab of PLPC's

1 25ct. SCDLH El Principe

1 25ct. Partagas Shorts

Gives you 100 nice cigars for the $500