Pictures of the missing: Post a reminder.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got a few to share. These are long gone, but they fit the bill. 1988 Diplomaticos No 7 2005 ERDM Tainos Trinidad Robusto T's (this one really hurt) 201

RSE FEB 03 MER ABR 13 & BUM FEB 14

Royal Coronas     Ninfas  

59 minutes ago, cfc1016 said:

I'm not 100% on all the intricacies. That one is from a cardboard fiver. Maybe the 5x5s had bands and the SLBs didn't? Dunno. I'm sure someone else knows how each packaging was presented - maybe @Trevor2118 ?

To my knowledge, all cigars in cardboard 5er or 3er always had/have bands.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

To my knowledge, all cigars in cardboard 5er or 3er always had/have bands.

You are correct:

Le Hoyo des Dieux
42 x 155 (6.1")
                         1                         2                         3                         4                         5                     

Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo des Dieux
Cigars:
Handmade.
Bands:
SLBs - no bands in before c2005, then Standard band E.   
P5s - Standard Band B (E ?).
Packaging:
Slide Lid Box of 25 cigars
Cardboard Pack of 5 cigars (discontinued 2006).
Slide Lid Box of 50 cigars (discontinued 2006).
Cajón of 100 cigars (discontinued pre-1960s).
A pre-1960 release. Current.
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kitchen said:

18+ year old box and you have not smoked one yet?  

Damn you have patience.  

I have couple of boxes and few 5 pack coffins...  I'd assume do something on this box as I don't think I'll ever get to them!  I use to smoke more A's than I do now.  They're great cigar for a herf, but haven't been to a herf since the summer (US Summer).

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I have couple of boxes and few 5 pack coffins...  I'd assume do something on this box as I don't think I'll ever get to them!  I use to smoke more A's than I do now.  They're great cigar for a herf, but haven't been to a herf since the summer (US Summer).

What’s a 25 box of A’s go for? My guess is just a hair south of my mortgage payment. 

8 hours ago, rcarlson said:

I didn't think the '03 Des Dieux had bands -- at least none that I had.

Oh Lord, I miss them.     :(

If purchased in Slide Lid Boxes until around 2005, yes that's right, there were no bands. Also, the bands applied on them at that time was Standard Band E. However, some images of Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo des Dieux show them with Standard Band B. How is this the case and also remember, Standard Band B was discontinued around 2003.

Yes, the answer to this question lies in the fact that des Dieux was offered, prior to 2006, in Cardboard 5-packs. Usually these were popular for travellers as duty-free options. These five packs had bands on them. @Smallclub is correct.

• Like 1

@Smallclub ... when I was in the store buying these (Chico’s) there were many boxes of Demi tasse on the shelves also ... chose the Chico’s because I already liked the party Chico’s (and had plenty of ERDM Demi tasse already) .

i have only smoked one bolivar Demi tasse .

derrek

4 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

The Gispert H2 was widely available in France until discontinuation. It was a very nice mild, cheap smoke.

Yep, I used to buy these from Geneva back in 1998-9.   Although I don't remember them being under medium,  maybe It was just the fact I was a newb