Select Draw Cigar Cutters

Well...Uuuummm...hhhhmmm...I’m not sure what to say about this “thing”. It seems to be a more efficient approach to acupuncture. Or you could “poke” three cigars and once and hope for the best. Maybe I could use it as a divot repair on the golf course?? How about protection on the subway?! Or maybe I could use it to jab an annoying person in the eye, there’s always one no matter where you go. So many options for $40!!! Sign me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, ayepatz said:

It’s a fork.

@ayepatz No, it’s actually a *very expensive* fork!

What a goofy, gimmicky tool.  V-cut, guillotine, or a golf tee in a desperate pinch!

• Like 1

*This gadget makes the Shuriken cutter look good! 

• Like 1

I searched the website in vain to see how this device enables one to "select" their draw.  It reminds me of the adorable cocktail waitresses at one cigar bar I frequent who ask "how would you like your draw?  tight, medium or loose?"  They then explain that they have either a v cutter or a guillotine, which is how they select the draw for you.  I bring my own sticks to that bar, and needless to say, my own cutter. 

why why why would someone make this????  this is not rhetorical i'm so curious.  instead of cutting you just punch a bunch of holes in your stick?  which you could obviously do with anything sharp and thin?  I'm so confused.

why why why would someone make this????  this is not rhetorical i'm so curious.  instead of cutting you just punch a bunch of holes in your stick?  which you could obviously do with anything sharp and thin?  I'm so confused.
It's shiny! Jeez, can't you see that? It's a shiny thing that does ... something. That's the only reason for it's existence. Any other function it has is secondary. It'll sell well to people who like showing that they have a shiny thing. Or to people who eat corn on the cob...possibly.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

• Haha 1

While I could see problems with cigars that produce a lot of tar at the head, it could be a good option for under-filled, aged Havanas.  I'll have to try this... with a toothpick.  My friend makes some out of silver - will have to grab one for $5 if I really like the draw.

3 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Same here. Hard to beat a classic double-bladed guillotine. Simple yet effective. If I had to pick only one, that'd be it. All I need.

Same here, have a punch that i use occasionally, but never a fan of the v-cut.

• Like 1

I really can't fathom the need for all of these gadgets and trinkets. Got given a free cheap cigar cutter years ago and just resharpen it. If they're good enough for Simon Chase, they're good enough for me.

Some people seem to have 8 or 9. Surely the logic should be that 8 of them are crap!?

5 hours ago, 99call said:

I really can't fathom the need for all of these gadgets and trinkets. Got given a free cheap cigar cutter years ago and just resharpen it. If they're good enough for Simon Chase, they're good enough for me.

Some people seem to have 8 or 9. Surely the logic should be that 8 of them are crap!?

I have a bunch of cutters and lighters and pokers and other junk in a smoking box at home. The only cutter I ever use is my Xikar scissors. Though when I travel I always bring one of my Xikar guillotines. My guests always just use whatever is in the box, but none ever reach for the scissors. Not sure why, I find them to give the best cut and let you trim if needed.

And yes, half a dozen are crap. But I do have 4 or 5 Xikar I like.