FOH: A Week In Pictures.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

13 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Qantas 1st/Business lounge Sydney. 

Thank God they put the sign up. I was staring at the tap and soap for 10 minutes not knowing what to do......:rolleyes:

Is it sign language? 😆

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:
I took a long weekend for my 21st anniversary.  We decided to spend it in the city, just the 2 of us.  I have my cousin staying at my house to make sure my kids don't end up in jail while we are gone, and to make sure someone feeds the dog.  
We saw all the Christmas stuff (NYC is pretty magical in December) and then, after jumping through all kinds of hoops to get the reservation, we went to The Monkey Bar for dinner.

Congrats Elliot. So how was Monkey Bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Congrats Elliot. So how was Monkey Bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing!   I posted pics of the food in this thread:

https://www.fohcigars.com/forum/topic/152067-best-dish-you-have-had-in-the-last-30-days/?do=findComment&comment=1179238

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JohnS said:

Of course you realise the Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 Year Old Bourbon is worth a lot more than the Nudies, don't you El Pres? :D

P.S. Are you catching up with @Chas.Alpha:lol:

Are you referring to him being in Miami, or the ability to kill a fine bottle of bourbon in one sitting? 😁

Last year, driving to Miami was a 4 hour trip. From Raleigh it looks to be more like 15 hours one-way. That would be 15 uninterrupted hours trapped in a Kia Sportage with my wife! @asmith was stuck in the back seat of a taxi with her for 7 minutes. Ask him how that worked out...

I love @Elpresidente like a brother, but that price is too high. 😔

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Greenhorn2 said:

I hear you Rob. I live 7 hours from the distillery and haven't seen a bottle of pappy, yet an Australian is posting pictures and drinking pappy. Life can be cruel sometimes. 

Don’t worry buddy, I’ve drunk all the pappy up to 23yr.  It’s very good, but not not that over the top.  The antique 107 Is approachable ($) and is the stuff that just misses being called the pappy. It’s pretty much all a game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lamboinee said:

Assorted pics from visit to USAF Armament Museum in Destin a couple weeks ago.... I immediately went home and watched Top Gun 6 times in a row on laser disc:

Is that because, being an Air Force museum, they didn't have any F-14s on display?

I mean, I love the F-14, but that is just too much Tom Cruise in one day.... or a lifetime for that matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Wookie said:

Don’t worry buddy, I’ve drunk all the pappy up to 23yr.  It’s very good, but not not that over the top.  The antique 107 Is approachable ($) and is the stuff that just misses being called the pappy. It’s pretty much all a game. 

No worries, the price tag on pappy is a total turnoff for me. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fuzz said:

mean, I love the F-14, but that is just too much Tom Cruise in one day.... or a lifetime for that matter.

Tom isn't in the laser disc version. But fair enough. Thank you for your service I meant no disrespect referencing a Navy movie on a USAF related post. Everyone knows the Thunderbirds are better anyway;). 

10 hours ago, Lamboinee said:

Tom isn't in the laser disc version. But fair enough. Thank you for your service I meant no disrespect referencing a Navy movie on a USAF related post. Everyone knows the Thunderbirds are better anyway;).

Better yet, watch "Iron Eagle"... even though F-16s were known as Falcons, but "Iron Falcon" just doesn't have the same ring to it. Why they didn't use F-15s is beyond me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

Better yet, watch "Iron Eagle"... even though F-16s were known as Falcons, but "Iron Falcon" just doesn't have the same ring to it. Why they didn't use F-15s is beyond me.

when i moved to DC to work, i arrived two days before bush snr was elected - yes, that long ago but i was very young. an aussie friend who was travelling in the States at the time manged to get me an invite to both parties' parties. one was perhaps more celebratory than the other. at the time, it seemed like just another night out but i soon learnt that people had been invited for many months and that these were the hottest tickets going at the time (truly, it is not what you know...). i had to pretend to be someone else to get the tickets but security was somewhat lax in those days - another time i used a fake press card to visit friends in the white house but no one seemed to care.

anyway, the point of all this was that i met a guy - all air force uniform etc - at the democrat event who was a pilot for the F16s and in those days, that was huge (and yes, he was so thoroughly sick of hearing about tom C). had an amazing conversation with him about the planes and what they could do and so on. i was in awe. i am just so impressed by those guys.

aside from the 'lost that lovin feeling' scene, i was never a huge fan of top gun. until i spoke with this guy. 

• Like 2

On 12/1/2022 at 4:44 PM, Lamboinee said:

Some things that caught my eye at the National Gallery of Art and the Renwik Gallerty of the Smithosian from a quick trip to see friends in Washington D.C. 

I’m m not an art connoisseur but I do really enjoy El Bosco paintings. I’ve been wanting to take a weekend trip to Madrid by myself, just to visit the Prado Museum and smoking cigars. Rembrandt, Velázquez, Goya, Rubens, El Greco, El Bosco ect ect. They have so many of the great masters in their collection.

• Like 1