FOH: A Week In Pictures.

1 hour ago, Fugu said:

Yeah, after another pretty dry summer but then a few wetter weeks lately they’re eventually popping up everywhere. 😁

We had no luck with cauliflower fungus so far.

We found 3 of them. 
The one in the pic was the smallest. 3 was the lucky number on Sunday. Another 3 outstanding boletus we fund. More than you could eat. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

5 hours ago, Perla said:

We found 3 of them. 
The one in the pic was the smallest. 3 was the lucky number on Sunday. Another 3 outstanding boletus we fund. More than you could eat. 

Love that fungus, though can be a chore to clean, not? 😅. We actually know a couple of trees carrying them, which we would “harvest” alternating on an almost yearly basis, one of them since more than 15 years now. This year no fructification. Others had more luck in my neck of the woods as I heard. Well, you can’t always have everything and we were quite happy with what we got. Great pics and mighty tasty looking fig recipes there, Perla!👍 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Capn_Jackson said:

Grilling, in the middle of the week no less.

How do you find the Vortex? I was considering buying one for my Weber. I do both direct and indirect cooking, but usually just keep the charcoal to one side of the Weber. When doing indirect, I just pop the lid on and have the top vent over the food to draw the hot air.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fuzz said:

How do you find the Vortex? I was considering buying one for my Weber. I do both direct and indirect cooking, but usually just keep the charcoal to one side of the Weber. When doing indirect, I just pop the lid on and have the top vent over the food to draw the hot air.

I really like the Vortex, and won’t do wings any other way now. In conjunction with the domed lid, it creates an intense high, but indirect, heat. Works excellent if cooking any kind of chicken or something that will drip a lot of juice, by keeping that grease off the flames.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 7:10 PM, Fuzz said:

I recommend the Vortex.  Cooks wings to perfection along with thighs and legs.  It makes the best jalapeno poppers too.  Bacon crisps up perfect.