What Is Your Go To Lighter

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No need for anything else...

Love my Dupont with the dual cigar flame!

Not long ago this thread would have brought a tear to my eye, as I lost my trusty Cartier while skiing three years ago.  Bought in '03 and not made any more, I thought there was about 0.1% chance of r

Personally, I prefer cigar matches.  I find it is too easy to burn the wrapper with a butane lighter and prefer the slower toasting a match gives.  However, outside it is usually not practical to use a match and I go with a Alec Bradly triple torch lighter I got for free.  Been working well for three years; outlasted a Xikar lighter that I got and broke after only a couple months. 

I used this the other day when my lighter ran out of gas in the garage. It was a very delicate balance between burning off the hair on my fingers and lighting the cigar but it worked.

a733a1903a9bee44a201f8cd85549394.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Also a fan of the Ronson Jetlite.  I'm working on my third Jetlite in the past 7+ years.  Super cheap and not bad style for under $5.  I also like using a soft flame bic for touch-ups as sometimes it can be hard to see the torch flame in the day time... I hate getting a torched wrapper

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After too much money spent on lighters, I find myself always going back to the cheapo $4 Ronson or 6$ Uper. Go figure, could have saved myself a lot of $$....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shadowACE said:

Prometheus Magma T - beautiful 3 jet torch that forms a soft flame at the end.e995c6d2831919737997b520f71799bf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Maybe the worse lighter ever!  Crazy expensive, breaks constantly.  Now comes with a warning that if used for more than 10 seconds, it will damage the lighter.  They charge you to fix it and they charge you to ship it both to them and back!  I don't know how this company survives!  Xikar all the way.

Maybe the worse lighter ever!  Crazy expensive, breaks constantly.  Now comes with a warning that if used for more than 10 seconds, it will damage the lighter.  They charge you to fix it and they charge you to ship it both to them and back!  I don't know how this company survives!  Xikar all the way.
To each their own. It's been bullet proof for over two years now. Have you owned one in the past?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadowACE said:

To each their own. It's been bullet proof for over two years now. Have you owned one in the past?

Same here, must have lighted a thousand cigars with mine and still going like new. Obviously anecdotal evidence, I have heard the manufacturing quality changed at some point... 

I use a ligne 2 table lighter, that must be 20 years old, everyday when im inside.  Maxijet when im outside and a minijet when im at a wedding/need a small lighter.  Love them all.

The wife got me a ligne 2 in rose gold with the double flame for christmas, I love it, but dont use it.  Far to nice to use, its like a piece of art.  Will use it one day.