What's your latest NC purchase?

On 8/25/2021 at 11:19 AM, Dynamo320 said:

Sobremesa Brûlée Blue

i wasn't super excited by sobremesa when they came out, but these have received high marks. if it's not too much trouble, please follow-up once you've tried them and provide impressions.

thanks,

-dobbs

• Like 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

I had a morning meeting with a client today and ended up at the Davidoff in Madison Ave around 11:30am with him. He picked up a couple My Father Flor de las Antillas. I thought it was prettygood, earthy with cocoa hints and generally nice tobacco flavor and good strength for a mid morning smoke. I purchased a few more after we finished to continue to like it. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 8:24 PM, Lrabold89 said:

What shop? I’m heading to Boston in October on a trip with a buddy ….also looking to link up with some members …pm me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably LJ Peretti’s. All of the other shops have closed. There are great shops north in New Hampshire and south in Rhode Island. Boston in October is beautiful. I am just outside the city. 

edit: I forgot about Stanza in the North End

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Timothy556 said:

Probably LJ Peretti’s. All of the other shops have closed. There are great shops north in New Hampshire and south in Rhode Island. Boston in October is beautiful. I am just outside the city. 

edit: I forgot about Stanza in the North End

Don't forget about Leavitt & Peirce in Harvard Square! Incredible old-school ambience. Technically in Cambridge, but it's metro Boston.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Cigarsmoker81 said:

Never tried pardon before so I thought I’ll try it out given the amazing reviews. 

any advice on which one to try first ?

38792421-293C-4EA6-9428-797C5BACC2EA.jpeg

0DE3A9F7-FA25-40AF-8E0E-121C0E76F189.jpeg

D242894D-84C4-4BDA-80E3-8C04645FC234.jpeg

245FDFD5-6343-4D9D-9657-B3965CC59BA8.jpeg

You picked up quite a variety!  I’d fire up the 1964 1st.  They’re kinda the gateway to all Padron.

None of those are going to disappoint (certainly not the 45s).  If you age that brown label for 4-5 years, it’ll smoke as good as the 1964s.  The rest are ready to go right out the box.  And I’d argue against aging premium Padrons.

On 9/30/2021 at 11:53 AM, Fox Sterlingworth said:

You picked up quite a variety!  I’d fire up the 1964 1st.  They’re kinda the gateway to all Padron.

None of those are going to disappoint (certainly not the 45s).  If you age that brown label for 4-5 years, it’ll smoke as good as the 1964s.  The rest are ready to go right out the box.  And I’d argue against aging premium Padrons.

Agree the 1964 Anny is the right place to start. Interesting idea about aging the brown label... I've been wishing for a 1964 in the Panetela shape for awhile. I might have to buy some brown label Panetelas and lose them in the back of my humidor for a few years...

I've never tried the Damaso, would be curious to know how it performs for you as a lighter bodied option.

Just bought some more Foundation Highclere Castle Victorian coronas.    A lot of NCs claim to be complex--these are the real deal.

With the rising prices of Habanos, these don't seem that expensive anymore.   😀

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Smoked a Fuente Don Carlos and enjoyed it. A couple Oliva V Melanio sticks. Some dog rocket I won't ever buy again. I have a 1964 Padron waiting and a couple others,a New World,a couple Ligeros and RP something or other.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ford2112 said:

Smoked a Fuente Don Carlos and enjoyed it. A couple Oliva V Melanio sticks. Some dog rocket I won't ever buy again. I have a 1964 Padron waiting and a couple others,a New World,a couple Ligeros and RP something or other.

I do enjoy a Don Carlos but it pales in comparison to an Opus X.

Padron is another favourite and while the 1964 is brilliant, the 1926 is the outright winner for me. I prefer larger vitolas so only had the larger formats.

I’ve got a box of Melanio’s on their way - thankfully it was a fairly cheap purchase although I’m not expecting anything of brilliance