What's your latest NC purchase?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

10 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

The Melanios are a decent smoke. I have yet to drop coin on an Opus to see what the fuss is all about. I might one of these days.

I have these fellas waiting in the wings.

Curious to know your thoughts on the LFDs. I’ve heard that they are extremely strong…but not sure. I smoke NCs often so I’m not opposed to strong, like a Liga 9.

I had a LFD chisel back in 2012 when I was NC only. Very peppery and with some ammonia so I did not enjoy it at all. Then again I don't enjoy feeling like I ate a jalapeno when I smoke so YMMV.

I actually found that LFD more peppery than the Liga 9, T52 and Feral Pig I had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rguinn said:

Hold on to the LFD double ligero for a couple of years. They age very well. Just had the chisel a few weeks ago with some age on it. Not too strong at all compared to some younger LFD’s. I really enjoyed it. 

I will take that tip to heart,thank you

11 hours ago, stevenhaugen said:

Would be very interested to hear how you get on with these - been thinking about getting a few in to try although heard mixed reviews

I plan on smoking one before the weekend I will report back on that.

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2021 at 6:54 AM, stevenhaugen said:

Box of 32 Opus X Double Corona's. One of my favourite blends and not a taste profile I've found on a CC yet. By the end of this I'll probably be up all night ...

Beautiful box! I prefer the Reserva d'Chateau or Love Affair. The DCs take some dedication to smoke. A box like that would last me 15+ years!

On 10/26/2021 at 4:49 PM, Ford2112 said:

Smoked a Fuente Don Carlos and enjoyed it. A couple Oliva V Melanio sticks. Some dog rocket I won't ever buy again. I have a 1964 Padron waiting and a couple others,a New World,a couple Ligeros and RP something or other.

I was a huge fan of the Don Carlos line but gravitated over to the Edicion de Aniversario line. Definitely worth a try but they will ruin the standard line for you. The flavors pop and are so pronounced.

18 hours ago, Chris P. Bacon said:

Beautiful box! I prefer the Reserva d'Chateau or Love Affair. The DCs take some dedication to smoke. A box like that would last me 15+ years!

Did you find any difference in the taste profile between the Reserva d'Chateau and Double Corona? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a box of the RdC but haven't yet. These things are not cheap and I've already got a box of the Perfecxion 2's (which are phenomenal) so need to think about humidor space :D

17 hours ago, Chris P. Bacon said:

I was a huge fan of the Don Carlos line but gravitated over to the Edicion de Aniversario line. Definitely worth a try but they will ruin the standard line for you. The flavors pop and are so pronounced.

Not given this a go yet but will see if I can get a few singles in - thanks for the recommendation!

2 hours ago, stevenhaugen said:

Did you find any difference in the taste profile between the Reserva d'Chateau and Double Corona? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a box of the RdC but haven't yet. These things are not cheap and I've already got a box of the Perfecxion 2's (which are phenomenal) so need to think about humidor space :D

Not given this a go yet but will see if I can get a few singles in - thanks for the recommendation!

I didn't find any noticeable differences between the two. The same Opus X flavors just in a shorter format.

You're welcome on the recommendation!

On 10/27/2021 at 1:56 AM, stevenhaugen said:

Would be very interested to hear how you get on with these - been thinking about getting a few in to try although heard mixed reviews

Follow up review on that La Aurora Cameroon. I had a hard time with some draw issues in the beginning. Had it put out a bit more smoke I think it would have been a very enjoyable cigar. Medium body for me,with some leather,peppery notes,maybe a bit of cream. Not really anything to make me go wow,and not anything to make me never want to smoke  it again. Had to touch it up a couple times. So that was a bummer.

On 10/30/2021 at 2:23 AM, therealrsr said:

25 Alejandro Gonzalez Fundadores.  Got the fiver, tried one and immediately bought more.  If the price drops or they offer a code I'll go again.

Got a fiver myself, haven’t tried one yet though. Looking forward to it!

Do you know where the tobacco in the blend is from? 

8 hours ago, therealrsr said:

@Puro_Lover83, I don't.  it tastes more NC to me with the abundant chocolate.  It does deliver some twang though.  You are in for a treat.

Smoked one yesterday. It is exactly how you described it! I was confused because i got some NC in terms of pepper in the first third, but quite a bit of cuban twang from there onwards. 

• Like 1

I smoked a My Father Connecticut yesterday. I enjoyed it. Smooth cigar with some white pepper notes and cream. I purchased a Padron Maduro 1926 and a Tatuaje Cojonu 2012. Going to let those rest for a week before I delve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrangePaw said:

Guess I’m a sucker for Fuente (my favourite NC brand)

10 x Casa Fuente dbl Robusto, 5 x OpusX dbl Robusto, 5 x Don Carlos “The Man” Robusto

C7652C36-92E0-46D6-94F4-27199B3D2363.jpeg.758795b02d9a5b85711224c95fcc23ba.jpeg

Would love to hear how those Casa Fuente’s smoke like. Heard some great things about them but phenomenally difficult to get hold of in the UK

enjoy!

Recently,a Fuente Don Carlos,and a Padron 1926. Have yet to burn the AF. The 1926 had a finish I wasn't crazy about,much preferred the 64 I had a while back. I am of the mind that maybe Padron just isn't to my liking. The Oliva V series cigars I have all smoked were head and shoulders above the Padrons. I will revisit this at some point in the future.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, stevenhaugen said:

Would love to hear how those Casa Fuente’s smoke like. Heard some great things about them but phenomenally difficult to get hold of in the UK

enjoy!

I seem to enjoy the Dominican tobacco characteristics more than other NC varieties, especially the OpusX Dominican puro.  

The Casa Fuente cigars pictured have a Cameroon wrapper and more of an OpusX filler profile to me, (although the blend is not entirely known) if you’ve had any Don Carlos it’s similar with a slightly fuller body.  I taste an earthy chocolate sweetness, leather and raisin notes with an incredible full aroma while smoking.  My review skills aren’t the best but I hope this helps you a little.

Very difficult cigar to acquire (only available at the Las Vegas store) until the recent limited release to a few other B&M Fuente accounts.  Don’t hesitate if you find any available.

• Thanks 1