What's your latest NC purchase?

9 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

steve what is the TAA ? i read abotu only being able to get the nat sherman pan americana through TAA before ..what is this all about? ...also i need you to help me step my NC game up man 

Heath-O, TAA = Tobacconists' Association of America. Essentially, each year certain brands will put out a one off line of sticks under this licensing of the TAA name as a limited release cigar for that year.  Only certain retailers in the US are TAA retailers and carry these yearly cigars.  If you get a chance, give the TAA 2020 Tatuaje's a try. Fantastic smokes.  Slightly less full bodied than their normal blends in my opinion, more flavorful but still the same excellent construction as always.  

I bought two boxes of the Nat Sherman Pan America Epicure's recently and smoked the first one last week.  I liked it a lot.  The TAA's were somewhat one dimensional and very pleasant as an everyday smoke, but the PA's were a little spicier and more complex for such a small stick.  

• Like 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

Purchased a couple of Atabey Brujos (Robusto) to see what all the hype was about...Foregoing all the nonsense about them being a "Stealth Cuban"...Not bad, but not a $30 stick either IMHO...Box-wise, my last purchase was a 10 count box of "Hit & Run" Corona Gorda.  This cigar is a collaboration between Room 101 & Caldwell.  Excellent Boutique smoke, Mild-medium, very floral and bright.  A mineral-almost graphite taste...Reminds me a bit of a young QDO 50...I don't buy or smoke much NC these days, but I'm always willing to smoke one that's not trying to murder me with spice.  

• Like 4

I bought another box of Opus X Petit Lanceros (my NC of choice), and a box of Davidoff Ambasadrice, as well as a box of LFD Mueso from an auction.

1 hour ago, lovethehaze said:

Couple odds and ends 

75284FA1-0D3A-4AEA-B2D6-72B963CA30AE.jpeg.f47b9b33637d21fd4a197cec6c33058c.jpeg

B1DCCB76-99C8-4944-B886-61110F99429D.jpeg.6fab10023df7c721df4b4022cd5e0c88.jpeg

Nice selection! I really the Paul Garmirian Anniversary collections and reserva exclusiva, have not yet tried the Soirée though. Saw the 30th anniversary came out recently, would like to give that a shot too.

Was thinking about picking up some of the Mil Dias as well, I have liked most of the Crowned Heads blends I have tried. Have you smoked one yet?

• Like 3

Nice selection! I really the Paul Garmirian Anniversary collections and reserva exclusiva, have not yet tried the Soirée though. Saw the 30th anniversary came out recently, would like to give that a shot too.
Was thinking about picking up some of the Mil Dias as well, I have liked most of the Crowned Heads blends I have tried. Have you smoked one yet?

Thanks. They just came out .... I will rest a little and burn and report back. The people I know who smoked them said they were good but needed more time ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lovethehaze said:

Thanks. They just came out .... I will rest a little and burn and report back. The people I know who smoked them said they were good but needed more time ...

Only 20 min from the PG shop. My fav of the PG is the 20th Anniv from 2010/2011. Their 2001 Maduro pretty good as well. I tried a couple samples of the 30th back in early spring. Thought they were good but still prefer the 20th. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ElLoboLoco said:

Five pack of some Illusione Fume D’Amore.

These are ?

image.jpg

I love Illusione. I have not had a bad stick from them. Enjoy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goodfortune said:

Love the Don Reynaldos! One of my favorite NCs

I picked them up because I have yet to see a bad review. I'm very excited to try one!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ElLoboLoco said:

I am about eight years late to the Illusione party,  I was going thru a strictly Cuban phase for  a good eight years. So, I am experiencing the older releases now!

Actually, same. I discovered them earlier this year and have not looked back. Great stuff. I recommend the HL, or the "Holy Lance" in natural. Really exceptional lancero, and the Haut 10, as well

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zigarrenziggy said:

Actually, same. I discovered them earlier this year and have not looked back. Great stuff. I recommend the HL, or the "Holy Lance" in natural. Really exceptional lancero, and the Haut 10, as well

The Haut 10 is on the list and now the HL, lol. Thanks!

I am switching back and forth between Illusione and the Foundation lines. I have not had a bad Foundation cigar but I will not smoke anything with CT Shade, broadleaf is a different matter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Baccy said:

I admit I was mostly drawn in by the gorgeous Prometheus humidoremoji41.png
d021316d14df97e9d8f204f618637e25.jpg
414e6baf04c682207efe8c58b38e3e42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That’s awesome looking congrats!!  

I’ve had some aged Opus that we’re absolutely brilliant.  Very cool purchase and that box is gorgeous!  Looks like a zebra or Koa wood or something.  Killer!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mprach024 said:

That’s awesome looking congrats!!  

I’ve had some aged Opus that we’re absolutely brilliant.  Very cool purchase and that box is gorgeous!  Looks like a zebra or Koa wood or something.  Killer!

Thanks, I think the wood is called Macassar Ebony...

• Like 1

I admit I was mostly drawn in by the gorgeous Prometheus humidor
d021316d14df97e9d8f204f618637e25.jpg
414e6baf04c682207efe8c58b38e3e42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ve not had any luck with Opus. Not had one I like. I love Fuente for their mild/medium - Hemingway all day (which is funny, because almost everything else I like is more full flavored.) I liked Opus for the idea (first DR puro), but just don’t like the cigar.

• Confused 1