Cohiba Siglo VI new bands?

Hard to fake bands are good to us: who know, most of the time, how to tell the difference.

for the newbie they will always look the same.

Sure but how often is a real band applied to a fake cigar :(

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They forgot the sun tan spray. Here we go.

Yep I think I read that these were coming, bigger band too. In ten years time we'll have to open cigars from their bands like a Christmas cracker !

I have seen pictures of them on cohiba robustos and Lanceros as well. Both coming from decently reliable sources.

actually i have that new band on my behike 52 boxes i got from Rob, coded Feb 2014. they look great!

So you don't have the actual behike bands?

Or do you mean the behike bands with the new hologram?

I think it's just marketing, more shiny to catch the eye. Nothing more and it may be a good thing if you like the design. The only issue I really have is the waffle from HSA about it being to stop fakes. There were near perfect BHK bands on some fakes within weeks of release, its not as if scammers don't have access to shiny paper also.

• Like 1

I've updated CCW noting new band on Lanceros, Esplendidos, Robustos and Siglo VI, please post here if you see it on anything else.

I cannot wait to see the Exquisitos and the Panatelas follow this path.

Oh boy they will look ridiculous.

Even if they do start using the new band, I imagine it'll be about five years until the retailers move enough of these for them to start appearing.lookaround.gif

• Like 1

I've updated CCW noting new band on Lanceros, Esplendidos, Robustos and Siglo VI, please post here if you see it on anything else.

Even if they do start using the new band, I imagine it'll be about five years until the retailers move enough of these for them to start appearing.lookaround.gif

A friend just brought back a box of Siglo 2 with the new bands, from Cuba.

Yes, when we were there in November 2012, the rollout for the Piramides Extra had just happened earlier in the year. Persons there confirmed the various statements online that these new hologram Cohiba bands would soon (Cuban soon? 1 year, 2 years, unsure?) be rolled out on all other Cohiba vitolas. Looks like it's just finally happening.

I saw this the other day on a random instagram which had the new lancero. I thought it was just another Fohiba. I'm kind of glad I was able to score a couple "old" band cohibas recently. They'll look like "vintage" sticks 5 years from now.

But I actually don't like the idea of these going across the whole marca. When I had the Pyramides Extras, the bands made it feel more "premium" than say a Coro, and cost more too. Now that it's going on every Cohiba, I'll bet the prices will also go up because fancy bands = $$$$.

It's more and more like a Rolex watch. Soon, there are more security details on the product than the product itself. Just to keep ahead of the bad guys.

• 4 weeks later...

So you don't have the actual behike bands?

Or do you mean the behike bands with the new hologram?

i meant with the new holograms. Sorry took so long to reply. hehe

• Like 1

Someone needs to email H.S.A the Spanish translation for "Understated classiness". New bands suck on regular production.

Did the experimental transition take place in Canada?rotfl.gif

What does Google say? stir.gif

Did the experimental transition take place in Canada?rotfl.gif

how's your dictionary coming along? nyah.gif

What does Google say? stir.gif

great. now you're here, too pod.gif

WHAT I MEANT was that the Piramide Extra bands were put on only one vitola to be later placed on all the cohibas. is that clearer?