Cohiba Siglo VI new bands?

Hi guys, our local vendor just posted this photo of a box of Cohiba Siglo Vi box of 10s and said these would be the new bands for Siglo VIs.

I cant find any information about the new bands anywhere on the web.

What do you think?

post-19915-0-37325500-1408792793_thumb.j

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They forgot the sun tan spray. Here we go.

Yep I think I read that these were coming, bigger band too. In ten years time we'll have to open cigars from their bands like a Christmas cracker !

I have seen pictures of them on cohiba robustos and Lanceros as well. Both coming from decently reliable sources.

These bands were initially released with the Cohiba Piramides Extra. They are the new standard band according to cubancigarwebsite.com

When the new band was first announced with the release of the PE they said it would eventually become the standard on all Cohiba cigars, although up until recently it's only been on the PE and special releases.

So far this thread has mentioned Siglo VI, Lanceros and Robustos... anybody seen it on anything else? Anyone care to post recent boxcodes and with/without so we can narrow down a bit of a change over point?

It would be legit. HSA first trialled the new Cohiba bands with the Piramides Extra a year or two back. It appears that they are now beginning to roll them out and phase out the superseded bands.

It will be interesting to see how they intend to roll out the new bands onto the thinner and smaller vitolas: Siglo I, Coronas Especiale, etc. The band would look quite disproportionate in size, I would imagine.

It will be interesting to see how they intend to roll out the new bands onto the thinner and smaller vitolas: Siglo I, Coronas Especiale, etc. The band would look quite disproportionate in size, I would imagine.

The Panetelas will be hilarious.

• Like 1

The Panetelas will be hilarious.

From the faux-nohiba panetela infomercial site - "The band is a new, revolutionary design to protect the fragile wrappers of these exquisite cigars, employing both the newest trend in artistry and in bulletproof wrapper protection." They also released an advisory that the new bands of 24 rows of square dots will be implemented once the current stock have run out.

lmao.gif

Actually - the new bands look pretty good on the lanceros... appropriate sized.

From the faux-nohiba panetela infomercial site - "The band is a new, revolutionary design to protect the fragile wrappers of these exquisite cigars, employing both the newest trend in artistry and in bulletproof wrapper protection." They also released an advisory that the new bands of 24 rows of square dots will be implemented once the current stock have run out.

lmao.gif

Actually - the new bands look pretty good on the lanceros... appropriate sized.

Yes, got to wonder though if the counterfeiters are ahead of HSA on this one shead.gif

• Like 1

Sounds like a good idea to make it more difficult to copy, but if it was, Behikes wouldn't be fake. Also, if you take these bands and put them on Ghurka's, well...

Hard to fake bands are good to us: who know, most of the time, how to tell the difference.

for the newbie they will always look the same.