Your Junk Food Nemesis

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In-n-out burger double double animal style protein style with raw onions added does it for me every time

Meat pies are not junk food. They are their own essential food group. Wish I could find a decent steak and kidney pie around my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to add peanut brittle and Cadbury Eggs!

From Texas and What-a-Burger always gets me we all know fast good is not the slight bit healthy but it is delicious. A big juicy burger with grilled cheese, onions, jalapeño's, n bacon just hits the spot.

For me it would definitely be pizza and bacon. I also have a weak spot for cheeseburgers, but I don't get those from restaurants very often. I much prefer homemade burgers.

A charity Sausage sizzle will always get my donation. And a trip to Bunnings on the way in and out.

I do like these too, but the prices they are starting to charge are getting out of control!!!

Any fresh made hand formed tavern/bar burger

Hostess Twinkies, Ho Ho's, and Ding Dongs

Fresh French fries (State fair style, double fried, and frites)

Cold Stone Birthday Cake Remix Ice cream

...And many more LOL

I love it all...big macs, KFC 3 pc feeds, ultimate whoppers from HJ's, pizza, subway, curry, chinese (roast pork or roast duck my favourite), pies. prefer savoury to sweets. biltong sticks. maccas is my go-to.

• Like 1

These are evil...

OldDutch-PC-SV.jpg

Totally agree!

I think crack must be an ingredient in Old Dutch. I can't stop eating these until the bag is empty!

post-9303-14013793553179.jpg

KFC and Taco Bell once in a while. Dominos (pizza) too but maybe once in a month. (Not each)

Uh - just a quick note; ever since Dominos called themselves "improving"...they've become less than desirable IMHO. And not just mine but in very easy to please, non-discriminating palates of young teens I know. You know, young teens to young adults who where there's no national calamity - no world-wide catastrophe that PIZZA can't cure. You know: "Pizza Hut; Dominos...is there anything they CAN'T do!?" to young pizza-crazed minds. But I have to digress - Dominos is LOUSY now. Just my 2 cents. But I'll take DoubleDD's pic of that pizza ANY TIME!!! drool.gifdrool.gifdrool.gif

Uh - just a quick note; ever since Dominos called themselves "improving"...they've become less than desirable IMHO. And not just mine but in very easy to please, non-discriminating palates of young teens I know. You know, young teens to young adults who where there's no national calamity - no world-wide catastrophe that PIZZA can't cure. You know: "Pizza Hut; Dominos...is there anything they CAN'T do!?" to young pizza-crazed minds. But I have to digress - Dominos is LOUSY now. Just my 2 cents. But I'll take DoubleDD's pic of that pizza ANY TIME!!! drool.gifdrool.gifdrool.gif

Stop bye Chicago and get some. That pic is from Pequods pizza. They do a carmelized crust of burnt (but tasty) cheese. My hands down favorite deep dish and I've had many.

I've really gotten to enjoy fresh meat, fish, veggies, fruit, yogurt etc. I still go with a thin crust rather than thick since think makes me feel bloated and sick after. Throw a Chicago style deep dish in front of me though and I'm a sucker all the way. My vices:

Pork schnitzel with mishroom gravy and swiss cheese with a side if spatzel. Wash it down with a hefeweitzen beir and bee sting cake.

198199_1620398552696_4123246_n.jpg

199040_1620405912880_4531382_n.jpg

Norwegian Spitchmur

403113_2398262918819_1371577684_n.jpg

Beef Wellington

10176068_10202028269451141_6501859091548

Dirty Pirate Popsicles

Dirty-Pirate-Poptail_Endless-Simmer.jpg

2 1/2 cups Coke
1/3 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
1/3 cup Kahlua

Instructions:

Place all ingredients in a large glass and stir to combine. Pour mixture into popsicles mold.
Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.

*Slightly flat Coke will produce a popsicle that stays frozen longer. To quickly and manually flatten out the carbonation, empty out enough Coke from a 2-liter bottle to leave a 3-inch space from top of bottle to top of coke. Place cap back on and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Set aside to leave bubbles to subside.

And finally

chicago-deep-dish-pizza.jpg

What I make mine.

I had bought this Kit
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CS ... 00_details
Book
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/080925 ... 01_details
Another tool
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001M ... 00_details
In the book it stressed a couple of important factors. One is tomato sauce and low acid sauce and heavily recommended Escalon 6 in 1 tomatos for the sauce. It is a premium ingredient in which the tomatoes are selected and picked by hand and then canned within hours. It is also used by a majority of the best Chicago pizzeria’s. I found I could get it cheaply online directly from the manufacturer at $2.50 a can and shipping for six 28oz. cans was $1.50. Got the stuff and man, you really could just pull up a spoon and eat out of the can. https://www.escalon.net/shop.aspx Second important factor is the selection of cheese which you want to go with low moisture or skim milk mozzarella cheese. Anything else and it can wind up soupy.

I soon discovered from reviews of the Pizza Uno kit that the TBSP (tablespoon) measurements should be tsp (teaspoon) and the salt should actually only be 1 tsp. So, here is what we used as a combination to make a pretty awesome deep dish Chicago style pizza.

Dough from Pizza Uno Kit
1 packeage (2 ¼ tsp) Active Dry Yeast
¾ cup warm water
1 tsp Sugar
¼ soybean oil or vegetable oil
2 ½ cups all purpose flour
1tsp salt
1Tbsp Olive oil

Combine yeast, sugar and water in a mixing bowl until yest is dissolved. Add soybean/vegetable oil and blend. Add flour and salt mixing thoroughly. If using a stand mixer, mix 4 minutes at medium speed, until dough is smooth and pliable. If kneading by hand, knead 7-8 minutes. Turn the dough out of the bowl and knead by hand an additional 2 minutes. Add the olive oil to bowl. Place dough ball into the bowl and turn it twice to coat it with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap and kitchen towel. Let the dough rise for two hours.(* you can let it sit in the refrigerator overnight if you want at this point, just pull it out an hour before you want to finish it.)Do not punch it down. Lightly oil the pan with olive oil then spread and push the dough across the bottom of the pan and 2/3 up the side of the pan.

Sauce recipe:
1 28oz can of 6 in 1 Tomatoes
2 tsp Fresh chopped basil (1 tsp dried)
1 tsp Oregano
Salt to taste

Assembly of Pizza
12 oz or more of pizza sauce
16 oz Mozzarella
36 Pepperoni Slices
2 Tbsp Fresh Grated Romano Cheese (or the long string grated Parmesan)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil

After spreading the dough drizzle and spread a light coat of Olive oil on the dough. This seals the dough and keeps water from ingredients at bay and allows the dough to cook vs coming out doughy. Next 16oz Mozzerrela slice it and cover the dough. Next spread the Pizza sauce evenly and you can add more if you desire. Next add your topping, Pepperoni in this case, followed by a good dowsing of fresh grated parmesan or fresh grated Romano cheese. Bake on the middle rack of a preheated oven at 475f for 24-30min or until the crust is golden and pulls away from the side of the pan. Verify the center is 125F with a kitchen thermometer and wait 3-5 minutes before cutting and enjoy!

We had also made another in a 14inch pan with the whole can of sauce and more ingredients. Only difference was setting the pan in the bottom rack of the oven for 5 minutes and then moved it to the middle rack for another 30min. Both were different and awesome!

Definitely ice cream with hot wings as a close second.

ok, the troll post was removed. Thank you!